Nissen Richards Studio are looking to hire an experienced graphic designer to join their busy London studio.
Nissen Richards was founded by architects Pippa Nissen and Jim Richards in 2010 with the purpose of working on arts based theatre, exhibition, gallery and architectural projects. Based in East London, the firm is multidisciplinary working on a range of project types. We passionately believe in producing the best quality design, that comes from a thoughtful and intelligent process. We thrive on collaborative projects and designing through a thorough process involving debate and research.
In 2014, the practice established an in-house graphic design team that is run by Candy Wall. The studio's projects range from residential design, museum refurbishments and exhibition installations as well as branding and interpretation projects for arts based clients. Their gallery and exhibition work, the main focus for the graphic designers, is for large international projects and working with high profile UK based institutions.
We are now looking for an experienced graphic designer to work in the team to deliver our exciting cultural projects. We are also particularly interested in candidates who have skills or aptitude in project managing, to help us organise the projects and tasks, and manage the process. We often have many projects at different stages of completion, and we are looking for someone who can shape this process with us.
The graphic designer will work closely with the graphics team, but also with the 3D designers, architects and interpretation team.
We are looking for someone who is:
• an excellent designer with a strong visual style and lyrical sensibility
• a team player, and easy to get on with
• inherently professional in attitude
• comfortable and thrives in a collaborative environment
• deadline driven and can manage their time well
• detail focused
• interested in cultural projects
The candidate should have experience in:
• Adobe Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
• artworking to print production
• liaising with print and production companies
• large scale graphic design or museum, gallery and exhibition process, though this is not essential
Nissen Richards is an equal opportunities employer, and welcomes applications from all.
We are currently working a mixture of remote working and in-house, but are looking to work back in our studio when things feel right to do so.
How to apply
Please send a brief CV and portfolio (under 10MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org