Wool and the Gang’s story began in 2007 with our founders Lisa Sabrier, Aurelie Popper and Jade Harwood. These three fashion industry rebels wanted to make knitting cool again and provide an antidote to fast fashion. And so, the first digitally-native craft brand was born, selling DIY fashion kits for the modern maker.
14 years later, we’ve come a long way from our first stitch. Now a part of the global DMC group (fancy, shmancy), we’re part of a top notch team revolutionising the big bad world of needlecrafts. Our mission is to inspire the next generation of makers, and we’ve created a crafty plan to get the whole world stitching:
- Premium, planet-friendly yarns. We travel the world to source fibres with a soul that don’t cost the earth.
- We’ve made learning to stitch as easy as A, B, C with our easy to follow patterns and hundreds of handy tutorials.
- Connect makers in every corner of the world with our fast growing knitwork of over 1 million. You can join in the fun at #woolandthegang
The Junior Graphic Designer plays a key role as they act as one the guardians of the brand. Working very closely with the Midweight Graphic Designer and the Group Art Director, their focus is to execute and collaborate on creative concepts and deliver key design assets to support our busy online trading activity throughout the year. Aside from this, they work on graphics for offline material such as packaging, potential POS as well as marketing, social media and PR assets. They keep WATG looking sharp, interesting and amazing.
It's all about team spirit at WOOL AND THE GANG and we believe our culture is perfect for fostering and nurturing talent. We have a broad range of initiatives to grow and inspire our team, we want to shape, grow and feed talent to give it the wings to become the future of our industry
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design for both digital and print
- Under the guidance of the Midweight designer, work collaboratively with all WATG teams to deliver the Digital Marketing Agenda (eg: Newsletters, Social Media assets, PAID Social assets, Web Assets, Campaign execution).
- Design exciting marketing assets across multiple channels from E-Com, Digital
- Marketing, PAID, Organic Social, PR and more
- Conceptualise and bring fresh ideas to the table to support Business As Usual and new and global launches
- Be involved with core Business As Usual in-house projects and work closely with the New Product Development stream
A strong interest in fashion and craft, you are an original and versatile team player with a passion for graphics (typography, composition, image-making, layout...) for digital/E-Com and print experiences. We want a proactive designer who is switched on, attentive to detail, highly creative and eager to become ambassadors of their craft.
Key Skills and Behaviours
- Fast learner
- Super organised with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to work across multiple projects and briefs at any given time
- Self-motivated and ambitious with a positive "can-do” attitude
- Use Adobe creative suite like a pro (Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop & inDesign)
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Video editing skills would be a bonus
- Ability to sketch and visualise ideas
- Creative thinking
- Collaborative working
- Staff Discount
- 25 days holiday equivalent
- Regular team lunches and events
- Bike to work scheme
- Paid volunteer days