monopo is looking for a junior to mid-level graphic designer to join our growing London office. You will focus on graphic design for a range of media, from branding to print, social media and sometimes web, with the opportunity to expand your skills based on your interests.
We are a Tokyo-born independent creative agency and have set up our London office in March 2019. This position is for a full-time, in-house role at our London office, with a start date ideally in May. Most of your time will be spent on London projects but we frequently work in collaboration with our Tokyo office as well.
- Support senior designers and art directors in executing larger design projects under their direction.
- Have the opportunity to take creative ownership over smaller projects at the start.
- Craft designs for brands and campaigns, with an ambition of going beyond traditional formats and looking beyond trends.
- Get creatively involved in projects beyond your core skills, based on your own interests.
You’re the perfect fit if you:
- Have a portfolio that shows a habit of experimentation and curiosity.
- Like to take initiative and responsibility.
- Know the ins-and-outs of Photoshop but also feel comfortable in Illustrator, InDesign and your favorite web design tool.
- Are open and curious about picking up new skills and learning about new brands, markets and categories.
- Like to push channels beyond the ordinary.
- Like to think creatively about social media and take an experimental approach to it.
- Love to work collaboratively and positively with other creatives.
- Have a keen eye for detail and respect for deadlines.
- Have 2 to 3 years of design experience in a creative agency.
- Or, are a recent graduate with an interesting portfolio of personal work.
- Have a valid UK work visa.
- Nice to have, but not necessary: experience in graphic design for sports, experience in working with Japanese graphic design codes, interest in experimenting with motion design.
We will offer you:
- A diverse and stimulating environment. We’re a growing team of 5 in London and 30 in Tokyo. You will join an experienced team hungry to make work we can be proud of together.
- A rich variety of international brands and projects. From fashion to sports, science to tea, Japan to London, digital to branding, our projects cover a wide variety of categories, challenges and markets.
- A competitive salary based on your experience. We are looking for either a junior or mid-weight designer and will adapt the salary offer based on your level of experience.
- The opportunity to grow based on your own interests and ambitions. If there’s something you want to try or learn, we will find a way to help you do that.