Do you find yourself constantly coming up with ideas that you just want to explore and share? Do you love guiding others to develop their own ideas? Do you want the opportunity to grow and lead a team of passionate creatives? If this sounds like you, you could be what we’re looking for.
Hi! We’re Shape History, a social impact communications agency based in London and we’re looking for a passionate storyteller and a creative visionary to come and shake up our UI/UX team. You will have no problem with exuding creativity through the agency, both internally through culture and externally through projects. You will be a vital part in evolving a fast-growing young and thirsty agency. We’re looking for candidates with at least 5 years of experience in UI/UX design to innovate and elevate our work.
How you’ll be shaping history everyday…
- Ideate: Using strategic and behavioural analysis, you will develop multi-platform design workflows for new or existing brands. You will support brainstorms to inspire new ideas and work together with our strategists & developers to deliver branded UI/UX behavioural design.
- Deliver: You will ideate, design and develop wireframes and page designs for websites with varying degrees of complexity. In doing so, you will manage digital design workflows and implement briefs to a schedule. Through leading the development of designs that are innovative and intuitive, you will ensure brand consistency and quality throughout.
- Mentoring: You will act as a mentor to our UI/UX team, nurturing them to become the best version of themselves by guiding them through their work and goal setting. You will act as a soundboard and a quality check to enhance the quality of their work.
- Strategic mindset: You will understand the needs of our partners, what they’re trying to achieve and their audiences. You will be comfortable at pushing the boundaries of creativity and developing ideas that will resonate with a variety of audiences.
- Pitching creativity: You will feel comfortable pitching both your ideas and those of the team to new or existing partners (we call clients partners). You will react to feedback that might arise and be flexible in your response. This will also involve contributing to new business proposals, collaborating with other team members.
- Disrupting: Identifying where our UI/UX work can evolve to the highest quality and sharing feedback in a respectful way to other team members. Through this, you will stretch the boundaries of creativity for the agency as a whole. You will be a constant well of inspiration and new ways of doing things to help disrupt the space and inspire creativity.
- Representing the brand: You will keep a keen eye on all internal and external marketing, finding new ways to live and breathe our creativity both within the physical office space and online.
You’re good at…
- Behavioural design: Your 5 years minimum experience means you’re able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of behaviour design and you have a clear process of brand implementation.
- Project management: You are responsive, comprehensive and detailed in your project management approach, feeling comfortable speaking with our partners (clients).
- Collaboration: Working collaboratively in a team, as well as independently, and willing to roll up your sleeves during short intensive sprints.
- Open-minded: Willing to step outside your comfort zone, and work on a variety of new and different outputs to evolve your skill sets.
- Stress Management and Adaptability: You feel comfortable adapting your planned course of action when unexpected issues arise, and are able to effectively manage and surpass stressful situations. This involves managing a complex and reactive workload.
- Clarity and simplification: With your experience of leading meetings, you will feel comfortable presenting ideas to the internal team or our partners in an engaging way that resonates and creates clarity and alignment.
- Familiarity with creative software: You may not be an expert but you will be familiar with Adobe Suite and Figma.
- Proactivity: Taking ownership and autonomy over your work, solving problems that others may not have noticed, and going out of your way to continue learning and growing.
- Agency experience: Your agency experience will allow you to understand how the sector works and how to prioritise your different tasks.
Extra bit of awesome:
- Knowledge and background in the social impact/charity/political sector, whether that be volunteering or working with charities, campaigns, NGOs, funders, or institutions
We are committed to having an inclusive culture in which everyone feels safe and supported to achieve their potential. There is a long way to go in implementing race equity in the sector and we have a robust strategy in place for delivering this at Shape History. We actively encourage applications from underrepresented and minority groups, including those with lived experience of social issues we are working to address.