Courier is looking for an experienced Digital Designer to join our talented studio team in London. This is an exciting opportunity for a tech-savvy and design-focused individual with their finger on the pulse. Reporting to the Creative Director, you’ll work alongside Courier’s editorial and design teams to bring our print magazine's content to life in digital formats. You’ll bring solid experience in web and digital design to our fast-paced and growing media company and have a user-first and highly creative portfolio to demonstrate this. You thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and have a strong work ethic and impeccable design skills.
• Oversee and manage the design of all Courier’s digital channels, from the website to our core email products and brand partnerships.
• Develop animations and graphics to enhance the visual experience on our digital platforms and to enrich the user experience.
• Create digital assets (static, video, and HTML) for a range of platforms (social, display advertising, e-commerce, websites, mobile apps, etc).
• Have the ability to quickly translate ideas into sketches, wireframes, mock-ups, and interactive prototypes.
• Design and develop homepages, landing pages, and email concepts and work with the commercial team to create digital marketing collateral where needed.
• Support the Creative Director in managing digital workflow and prioritising weekly digital work, with a view to improving processes.
• Stay up to date with the latest innovations in the design world and maintain a fresh and relevant outlook.
• Deep experience and understanding of digital storytelling and publishing, from web and email to film and audio.
• A number of years experience in senior digital role.
• Robust typographic and information design abilities and a user-first understanding.
• Strong knowledge of Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma or other web-based platforms. Experience in the entire Adobe Creative Suite would be beneficial and an interest in new technology, processes and developments is essential.
• Capabilities in responsive design across desktop, mobile and tablet.
• Outstanding communication and people skills and the ability to take direction on multi-faceted projects.
• Ability to keep calm and make decisions under pressure.
• Ability to code or knowledge of web development would be beneficial.
How to apply
Send your CV along with a letter explaining why you’re the right person for the role – and any other materials you think support your case – to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words ‘Digital Designer’ in the subject line. The applicant must have the right to live and work in the UK.