At It’s Nice That, project managers are essential at all stages of the project process—not just in the planning and administration. From the early conversations with a client, scoping and contracting a project, then working collaboratively with our creative and editorial teams to define and deliver briefs across our platforms.
We are searching for an experienced project manager to lead on It’s Nice That’s commercial projects. You will be responsible for leading on the delivery of our large-scale partnerships and achieving great results through others by overseeing the financial performance of multiple projects and project teams. Overseeing and analysing the work of the company, you will propose and implement new processes and ideas and develop new business with clients.
Our clients include Apple, Converse, Dropbox, Mailchimp, Pinterest, Spotify and Wix, to name but a few, so leading long-lasting relationships with our existing partners and fostering new relationships will be vital to the role. Past experience of communicating confidently and building lasting, positive relationships with both colleagues and external contacts is therefore essential.
Reporting into It’s Nice That’s Head of Projects, the Senior Project Manager also leads our team of project managers, setting and reviewing targets and development with two direct reports and ensuring the team’s work overall is impactful and well-organised. Experience of management is therefore essential for this role, as we’re looking for someone to proactively support the team’s personal development and bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the team.
Please note, this is a temporary fixed term contract owing to the need to cover the post-holder’s maternity leave; the start date will be 12th July 2021 and the end date will be 14th July 2022, or on the return of the post-holder, whichever is sooner.
- Lead the delivery of It's Nice That's large-scale commercial partnerships from scoping to execution
- Oversee It’s Nice That’s project management team to ensure our teams are producing work to the highest of standards – to brief, on time and within budget
- Build positive, lasting relationships with current collaborators and clients and develop new opportunities through the successful scoping, pitching and delivery of new work.
- Oversee financial reporting on It’s Nice That’s commercial projects with attention to detail and strong analytical skills
Key Skills and Attributes
- Extensive project management experience leading cross-disciplinary teams in the end-to-end delivery of projects
- Proven success in scoping budgets, planning workflow and building timelines for complex projects
- Excellent communicator both verbally and in writing and able to build positive relationships with teams, collaborators and clients
- Experienced manager of teams and able to demonstrate great results through others
- Analytically and strategically focused when suggesting how improvements can be made to ensure high quality and successful outcomes
- Confident in handling numerical and financial data with attention to detail and an analytical approach
- Understanding of contracts and past experience of negotiating deliverables and budgets with collaborators and clients
- Able to confidently juggle team members and workflow to meet changing needs
- Lead the delivery of projects & project teams to ensure the best possible results; recognises where improvements can be made to deliver and maintain high standards
- Account manager of existing clients
- Manage complex budgets for large-scale projects
- Scope, pitch, quote and contract projects
- Devise budgets and project timelines
- Negotiate contracts, deliverables and fees
- Develop long-term and trusted relationships with clients, collaborators and suppliers
- Suggest new production suppliers & talent from a wealth of prior experience
- Line manage two project managers and support the Head of Projects in leading It’s Nice That’s project management team
- MS Excel, Google Sheets, Slides and Docs is essential
- Indesign, Photoshop, Databases, CMS is useful but not essential
- Salary: £35,000 - £42,000 depending on experience
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am — 6pm (flexible hours between 8am – 7pm)
- Location: Remote working for the duration of 2021 due to Covid-19, with some presence in London studio required from January 2022.
- Contract type: 11 month fixed term contract (maternity leave cover)
- Closing date: 9am on Friday 14th May 2021
- Applicants to be available for first interview on Monday 24th or Tuesday 25th May