Angus Hyland’s team at Pentagram is looking for a highly creative Mid-weight Branding and Digital Designer with 4 years’ experience who thrives on creating strong brands, translating these into digital applications and pushing what's possible.
The team’s design practice holds brand identity at its heart, with an increasing focus on digital applications. We are looking for a designer who can not only create meaningful brand identities but can also bring these to life through platforms such as virtual environments and creative technologies.
The role is an integral part of our team and our approach to digital. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong concept-driven approach to branding and the ability to translate ideas and insights into meaningful and user-centric design, from wireframes to UI design and prototyping.
The candidate will need to be able to create and deliver design that works across responsive web experiences, creating beautiful, captivating and user- friendly design systems.
Any motion/3D design knowledge will be considered a bonus.
As a designer at Pentagram, you will:
- Have 4 years of experience, working with on brand identities and
- UI/UX, preferably in an agency environment.
- Partner directly with Angus Hyland and the senior team to create design solutions that are concept-driven and rooted in strategy.
- Demonstrate resilience to see a project from concept to final delivery, working in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Be able to rationalise and communicate conceptual ideas and be open to feedback.
- Have a sharp eye for detail and open to be challenged.
- Assist in preparing both external and internal presentations.
- Be curious about new design and technology trends.
- Be inquisitive, collaborative, hard-working and enthusiastic.
- Be confident in working with Adobe CC, Figma and enthusiastic to learn new skills.
- Be pro-active, self-motivated and organised.
About the team
We work across a variety of sectors with a mixture of companies at all stages of growth, including entertainment, culture, F&B, finance, engineering, healthcare and publishing.
We’re a collaborative team and this role will be a good fit for someone who thrives on working both collaboratively and independently, from idea generation through to design development and delivery.
The fine print
Salary: £35,000–38,000, depending on experience.
Hybrid working model: 3 days in the office (currently Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday), 2 days at home
Working hours: 9.30am–6pm
Holiday: 20 days per year, with one additional day given per year of service after 2 years (up to 5 years service)
A light lunch provided by our in-house chef (Monday to Thursday when in the Studio)
Weekly Pilates class
Monthly Pentagram Talks
Cycle to Work Scheme
Medicash cash back plan
We are actively seeking applications from qualified applicants and groups who are under-represented in the workplace, whether in relation to religion, ethnicity, age, gender identity, gender, sexual orientation or disability. On this occasion we are only able to accept applications from individuals who are eligible to work in the UK.