Rotate° is on the hunt for a Design Lead to help us create beautiful and effective digital experiences.
Salary: depending on experience
Reporting to: Creative Director
Location: Remote / Hybrid (London Office)
Role Type: Full Time
We are a digital studio based in East London creating cutting-edge (Not cookie cutter) eCommerce.
We work with brands we believe in, that want to thrive in the modern digital landscape.
It’s a relaxed but fast-paced environment where we really take pride in our work. Together we create value and build memorable digital experiences.
About the role
The design team at Rotate° is small but packs a punch. We’re looking for someone to be an integral part of that team, taking ideas from pen and paper (UX) to executing pixel perfection (UI) iteratively and collaboratively (Figma).
You’ll have creative freedom and work (Agile Methodologies) hand-in-hand with our in-house Development and Product teams to deliver best-in-class online experiences.
To succeed in this role, you should be user-obsessed and detail-oriented with an appetite for understanding technology and everything that makes for engaging eCommerce experiences. You need to be confident and creative with a focus on delivering value to customers and keen to learn and improve. We’ll push you and we want you to push us too.
We’re looking for:
- A creative problem solver, who can think big and think small.
- You should have a naturally multi-disciplinary mentality but with a specialism and passion in Digital.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Digital Design, ideally in the eCommerce space (but not a deal-breaker if not).
- A good understanding of the Digital landscape.
- Proficiency in the usual software suspects (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Familiarity in Prototyping and/or Motion Graphics tools (After Effects) a bonus.
- A curious mind that enables you to self-learn about latest design trends, tools and techniques.
- Display strong leadership, organisational and collaborative skills.
- Finally, an eye for detail is a must.
- Creative & Innovative — You're an idea generator, you do your own research, and you thrive when given the freedom to run your product
- Communication — You'll be able to convey your needs clearly to engineering, help reduce ambiguity, and take pride in your written specifications
- Technical — You'll have some technical skills, so that when engineers bring an idea or a problem to your attention, you won’t struggle to understand the implications
- Commercial Awareness — you'll know how to work with sales and marketing, and how to seek value through design
- Teamwork — You achieve your goals working with your colleagues and clients, collaboratively.
- Integrity — You set clear commitments and expectations and you do what it takes to meet those commitments
- Resilience & Tenacity — You handle difficult situations. When faced with a challenge, you step up to solve it and do not wait for others to work it out for you
- Sensitivity to others — You are polite and considerate to clients and colleagues and understand that we’re all working toward the same goal
- Strong opinions lightly held — You speak up, but you’ll listen to critique with open ears
If this sounds like a bit of you, we’d love to hear from you.
What else do we offer?
- Flexible Remote Working — You will have the option of working up to 3 days a week remotely.
- Wellness Fund — Within a year you can expense up to £250 on equipment or activities to boost your wellbeing.
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity Leave — It’s important to us that our employees are given as much support during this special time, which is why we have an enhanced policy.
- Unlimited Personal Development Fund — We have an untethered fund for your professional development. These are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Quarterly Personal Development Reviews — A quarterly session with your Line Manager to ensure that Rotate° is supporting you in reaching your career goals.
- Equipment Budget — We know you are most effective when you have the right equipment that works for you. As such, on starting, you will work with your Line Manager to agree the best setup for you - standing desks, monitors, laptops, you name it.
- Off-Site Days — Summer Party, Christmas Party, End of Month Parties - if there is an excuse, we'll have a party.
- Team Lunches — When we’re in the office we order Deliveroo 1 - 2 times a week. It’s the one day, nobody has to think about lunch but it’s when we all come together to not only share the food but to catch up and have fun!
- Discounts — We also work with great clients that give us discounts too.
How do you know if you’ll love working with us?
We genuinely care about our people. We are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for, where we deliver amazing award-winning work for our clients, and everyone supports and learns from each other!
We are an equal opportunity employer
Rotateº is an equal opportunity employer and believes that innovation thrives in teams where diverse points of view come together to solve tricky challenges. As such, we are seeking individuals who will bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experience.