At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our new Art Editor to start the next chapter in your career.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar and Country Living. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will assist the Creative Director in implementing the creative vision for the brand and to help maintain/develop it across all platforms. You will be responsible for working on design and visuals across all products— print, digital, events, marketing materials and commercial projects
• Commissioning photography and illustration across all brands and platforms as required, at the direction of more senior members of the art hub.
• Designing pages and products across all brands and platforms, print and digital.
• Commissioning across supplements and spin off print products across all brands.
• Attending regular ideas meetings with staff and freelance contributors.
• Co-ordinating/planning shoots and attending them where possible, at the direction of the Art Directors.
• Continually building relationships with photographers and illustrators.
• Working closely with editorial teams across brands on upcoming shoots and visual content creation across all platforms.
• Liaising and collaborating with internal commercial departments and external clients on commercial projects across all brands.
• To attend editorial or company meetings or functions as required
• Demonstrable experience designing at a senior level and commissioning leading freelance creatives.
• Ability to generate visual ideas and see them through from scratch to publication.
• Ability to supervise more junior designers.
• Ability to forge excellent working relationships with an editorial team.
• Unflappable under pressure, ability to juggle multiple projects, collaborative approach to working with multiple editorial teams.
• Ability to absorb and adapt to different ways of working of different brands and Editor-In-Chiefs.
• Ability to prioritise most pressing work despite competing pressures.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
• 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days)
• Hybrid working – Three days per week in the office
• Discounted gym membership
• Healthcare cash plan
• Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
• Life assurance and pension scheme
• Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.
Hearst UK is deeply committed to using our influential brands to reflect the world we want to live in – one that respects, protects, represents and uplifts the voices and opinions of all people. As a business, we recognise the significant benefits of creativity, collaboration and innovation that comes with diverse teams. Not only is diversifying the voices in our organization the right thing to do, but it also helps us to make powerful and exciting content that can be enjoyed by many more people. This is why we’re working to build a sense of true belonging within our business and foster a culture in which everyone feels heard.