We are looking for an ambitious and talented Junior or Mid-weight Designer to join the growing team at Ascend Studio and form part of our exciting future. You will be supporting us with existing design projects and be given plenty of opportunity to develop your own ideas and creative processes, working daily alongside senior designers and the creative director on brand strategy, identity and digital design solutions. We produce our work to uncompromisingly high standards – if you share this approach, then read on.
Your role will include:
• Brand strategy & identity design
• Concept development through to final production
• Design research & presentation development
• Design for web
• Supporting the team on pitch and presentation materials
• Typography, layout and traditional graphic design
Ascend Studio is a brand strategy and design consultancy based in Farringdon, London. We focus on creating meaningful connections between brands and people; working globally across a diverse range of sectors such as emerging technology, sustainability, professional services, real estate, lifestyle & leisure and arts & culture.
We are very busy, growing steadily and consistently winning new, exciting and diverse client work. With a small collaborative team of highly talented designers, we need someone proactive, passionate and approachable; who is keen to develop and is happy to fit into our design family. This is an excellent opportunity to work closely with proven industry professionals and advance your own professional design skills and discipline.
The role is full-time and primarily in-house with some hybrid working opportunity.
• Very good working knowledge of the Adobe CC and Figma
• An intelligent approach to concept generation
• Attention to detail, focus and consistency
• Career drive
Nice to have:
• Experience in web design
• Experience of design system creation and guidelines
• Motion skills in After Effects / Blender / Cinema 4D
Salary & benefits:
Salary £25k - £40k per annum depending on experience.
• Annual profit share scheme
• Ride to work scheme
• Employee Pleo expenses cards
• Secure bike storage & showers
• Regular team outings
Junior: Minimum 1-2 years' agency experience. (Please note that this is not an internship position). Mid-weight: Minimum 3-4 years’ agency experience. Please only apply if you can start working in the studio this September or October 2023.
As an inclusive employer, we offer equal opportunities to candidates from all background and outlooks.