Jory&Co is a design studio helping inspiring brands that have a positive social or environmental impact stand out and create meaningful change. We do this with highly effective and beautifully crafted design solutions across brand, print, and digital. Privileged to be working with lovely clients who are a force for good.
We’re almost ten years old and the business has evolved by being a boutique collective of creative freelance senior strategists, designers, writers, account managers, developers, consultants and specialists. We combine big agency thinking with small agency agility. The core team is built of a Creative Director, Account Director and three Senior Designers, and we then scale up and down depending on the client or project need.
We've been a remote agency for years with a drop-in office in Brixton, London. We know how to make things happen and create great work from home. We're also an international agency, with teams UK and New Zealand. This not only gives a global perspective but also allows us to be smart and responsive during the working week by playing to the time zones.
We’ve just won some really exciting website projects and are looking for a rock star UK-based freelance Senior Digital Designer to join us for a 2-month contract starting ASAP.
The role is remote and involves taking the lead on designing and managing 2-3 bespoke WordPress websites and bringing them to life with our UK-based third-party development team. You’ll design everything from wireframes through to detailed UI and artwork while collaborating with our creative team.
It’s perfect for an allrounder, someone who has strong design aesthetics but understands the nuances of digital projects. You’ll like autonomy and working on more than one project at a time while being comfortable liaising with third-party web developers and clients alike.
As a small down-to-earth team, you’ll be collaborating with everyone. No hierarchies, no egos, just a bunch of passionate, talented, like-minded people doing our best for great clients that make a real difference. Below are some recent branding and website projects to give you a flavour of what we do:
- At least 6 years’ experience in a digital agency or freelance
- Inspiring portfolio full of beautiful and functional website design
- Comfortable leading on website design projects from start to finish
- Proven UX skills and understanding
- Outstanding UI design skills
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite (in-particular XD) or Sketch/Figma etc
- Understanding of prototyping software such as Invision
- Strong eye for detail and pixel perfection
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS is a bonus
- Confident presenting to colleagues and clients
- Independent manager of workload and deadlines
- Ability to handle several projects at one time
- Good communicator liaising with third-party web developers
- Remote working with your own machines/laptops, etc
- Have a flexible approach to style of working and be a team player - this is a small team, and we all get involved in everything
- Dependent on experience