Magpie is a small independent agency that packs a big creative punch.
We work with businesses of all sectors and sizes around the globe, helping them to bring clarity and personality to their brands through ideas, playfulness and craft.
Based in the Truman Brewery, Brick Lane we’re an energetic, fun and friendly team delivering forward thinking, creative solutions for a wide range of clients – from major global players, such as Apple through to small businesses and start ups.
We’re passionate about solving problems through great design and we do this for a wide range of clients,
We are looking for an intelligent, enthusiastic, motivated and forward thinking graduate to join our design team. The successful candidate will be passionate about branding and ideas-driven design, demonstrable through a portfolio of past work.
This is a full time role, initially remote and then working from the studio when possible to return.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work from an initial client brief to generate compelling ideas and concepts for their future brands.
- Problem solving and ideas generation, across all areas of the creative process.
- Work with the wider team to deliver your ideas across traditional & digital media.
- Ability to present and validate concepts, with rationale internally.
- Develop an eye for typography and general knowledge of typographic principles.
- A passion for creative design in all its forms.
- A portfolio of great ideas, beautifully executed. Your portfolio should demonstrate a breadth of thinking and execution, and an ability to adapt the tone of your work to suit a variety of different businesses.
- Good communicator. Working with a positive, pro-active mindset and collaborative, team-player attitude.
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively as part of the core creative team.
- Great organisational skills, able to juggle and prioritise across multiple projects.
- Highly proficient in working with the full Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and ideally AfterEffects),
- A passion for keeping up to date with design trends and technology developments.