Courier is on the lookout for a super-enthusiastic Studio Team Assistant to support our design team on a number of exciting projects. This is an entry level role for someone who dreams of one day being an Art Director or Designer in a fast-paced media company. We need a bright and aspiring individual on hand to help with the day-to-day running of the studio team and to jump at anything thrown their way with a can-do attitude. Courier has a big future ahead and this is a very exciting position for someone who wants to grow with the company.
You’ll really love design, photography and illustration and will be excited to work across a number of platforms including digital, print, social and marketing. Hopefully you’ll have some design experience but, if not, you’ll be willing to learn these on the job so you become a valuable member of our team and an asset to the Courier family.
What you’ll do:
- Resize images and assets for social and marketing campaigns.
- Archive back issues of the magazine.
- Call in images for various creative projects and oversee the imagery for our Catalog vertical.
- Picture research for our digital portfolio.
- Source new illustration and photography talent.
- Various administrative tasks, such as helping with invoices and contracts.
- Attend photoshoots in an assistant capacity.
- Resize and upload images to our website.
- Help create some assets for social media and marketing.
- Help with keynote presentations.
- Populate email marketing campaigns on occasion.
What you’ll bring:
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite would be beneficial, but this is not a deal breaker. A willingness to learn the platform would be ideal.
- Knowledge of the Mailchimp platform, Google Docs and Keynote would be a plus.
- A great team-player mentality.
- A strong interest in graphic design, illustration, photography and typography.
- A strong balance of illustration, typography, layout and identity design skills.
- A willingness to learn on the job and to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Confidence in finding creative contributors who align with the Courier style.
- Confidence in expressing ideas, and good presentation skills.
- An open, positive and collaborative communication style.
- An active interest in keeping up to date with trends and technology, with a love for all that’s new and innovative, regularly visiting exhibitions and events.
Courier is the defining media brand for a new generation who want to live and work on their own terms. We’ve been telling insightful and inspiring stories of modern business through print, podcasts, events and more since launching in 2013. London-based but with an international perspective, our mission is to help you work better, live smarter, be happier.
Courier is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Send your CV along with a letter explaining why you’re the right person for the role – and your portfolio – to email@example.com. Please include the words ‘Studio team assistant’ in the subject line. You must have the right to live and work in the UK to apply. This role will be remote to begin with but the applicant should be based in London, although Courier is supportive of flexible working.