UnitedUs is a Brighton-based brand agency that works with clients to unite their people, find their purpose, and realise their potential. With over ten years in the game, our work has won international awards for design, strategy, communications and effectiveness, and we’re proud to be Great Place to Work-Certified™.
We are driven by creativity and a collective passion for making unique and original brands that transform organisations. Our work aligns people around a shared purpose, helping them to realise their collective potential. We aspire to be the go-to agency for ambitious businesses globally, and we’re fortunate to be able to partner with the likes of LEGO, Aon, London Irish and more. Over the past few years this work has become increasingly global with active projects in North America, Europe, Africa and Asia.
We actively seek projects where we know brand can make an impact - not just to the financial performance of our clients, but to the people who work there and the communities they serve. As such, we are guided by strong ethical principles and are proudly building an agency that retains the power to say ‘no’ to projects that run counter to our values. The only brands worth building are ones that are fit for the future - relevant, sustainable, and socially responsible.
About the role
Our brands are never static. Not only are they intended to grow and flex with the organisations they represent, but they’re frequently, literally, moving.
We’re looking for someone who wants to make brands that jump off a page; whether that’s bringing type to life, creating a graphic-led video, or simply imagining a new interaction for a button. There are so many instances where motion design enhances the experience of a brand - and we’re on the hunt for the right creative to collaborate with our team of brand, type, print and digital designers to make that happen.
- You will be tasked with beautifully and emotively communicating the core purpose and personality of our brands through static and motion design, developing ideas in collaboration with the team from concept through to the final product.
- Strategy leads to great creativity, and it’s at the core of every piece of work we deliver. You should bring evidence and empathy to even your wildest ideas - whether that’s considering the interaction of a button, or how typographic animation reinforces a message.
- Design principles form the foundation of everything you create. Beautifully considered layouts, perfect positioning, composition and evocative movement - a satisfyingly succinct structure to every creative outcome.
- Creative flair will be at the core of who you are - bringing your unique perspective, ideas and aspirations to every brand expression. You will bring gut instinct as much as considered logic to really challenge each outcome.
- The outcomes will be a focal point of our projects and you should relish the craftsmanship of creativity and produce every piece of work with our maker's mark of quality.
- But above all, we’re looking for someone with fearless creative flair. Perhaps you know that you’ve got that, but haven’t had the space or confidence to flex it yet. So know that if you want to be this person, but need a bit more confidence to get there - know that you’ll be surrounded by a great team who’ll be your cheerleaders to get there!
- If you love to experiment, push the boundaries and challenge the conventions, this might well be the role for you. Ideas that realise an organisation’s potential are the core of what we do as an agency and clearly communicating that potential through brand design, and championing movement is our shared creative mission.
- Working as part of the creative team to formulate, create and deliver international brand identities
- Delivering brand projects from concept to completion, focusing on driving relevant and captivating motion elements
- Working across the agency to support regular video communication work through motion graphics
- Pitch and craft compelling narratives through storyboarding and implementation of motion graphics
- Champion interaction design within our brand design systems
- Collaborate with colleagues, copywriters, sound engineers and clients to realise creative projects
- All of these will be in collaboration and with the support of your team mates, but we’ll also look to you to have the confidence and enjoyment in leading work in your discipline.
- Software wise, we work across the Adobe Creative Suite and Figma, but welcome experience from those who use other tools.
- At least 3 years previous experience in an agency with strong examples of branding / graphic design projects from conception to completion
- Experience working directly with enterprise brands or household names in either B2C or B2B contexts
- Ability to manage your own time and deliver on time for project reviews
- A solid understanding of core graphic design principles - either through formal education or self-taught
- Superb attention to detail and ability to scamp your ideas and designs
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A strong portfolio of bringing motion to brand / graphic design projects
- Experience in delivering client presentations
- Curiosity, infectious enthusiasm and a love for imparting emotion into brand creation
- Experience of mixing motion graphics and film would be a bonus
- A base understanding of how motion works across web environments
- If you can use GSAP this would be a major bonus but not essential