We build brands that believe in a better world.
Jory&Co is a design studio helping inspiring brands that have a positive social or environmental impact stand out and create meaningful change. We do this with highly effective and beautifully crafted design solutions across brand, print and digital. Creating emotive experiences and lasting connections between brands and their audiences.
Jory&Co is almost ten years old, and the business has evolved by being a boutique collective of creative freelance senior strategists, designers, writers, account managers, developers, consultants and specialists. We combine big agency thinking with small agency agility. The core team is built of a Creative Director and three senior designers, and we then scale up and down depending on the client or project need.
We've been a remote agency for years with a drop-in office in Brixton, London. We know how to make things happen and create great work from home. We're also an international agency, with teams London and New Zealand. This not only gives a global perspective but also allows us to be smart and responsive during the working week by playing to the time zones.
We’re looking for a UK-based freelance Account or Project Director to join us for a 6-month maternity cover contract (outside of IR35) starting at the end of July 2021. The role involves leading, managing and tracking all projects both internally to the team and externally with the clients. The role is perfect for someone who likes autonomy and managing lots of various projects at one time.
Overview of the day-to-day:
- Lead and run the studio planning from resourcing to kick-off meetings
- Proactively plan, manage, and provide input to the delivery of high-quality, well-run, profitable projects and initiatives
- Write proposals, timing & budget plans
- Work and communicate in ways that support and respect the creative process and contribute high-quality thinking to every project
- Listen carefully to clients, manage their expectations, and deliver against their needs
- Critical thinking: strong analytical skills to diagnose and identify solutions for our clients
- Create and develop long-term client relationships, with frequent communications
- Financial management across the business
- Alongside the Creative Director, lead on organic growth and new business to feed into the agency pipeline
- 6 years minimum experience working in a design/branding agency
- Has led on rebrand projects from strategy, naming and visual & verbal identity
- Has some digital experience as we design small scale websites with a third-party web partner
- As we work with the team in New Zealand, our day starts at 8/8.30am
- Remote working and work from your own machines/laptops, etc
- Have a flexible approach to style of working and be a team player - this is a small team, and we all get involved in everything
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit by looking beyond the day to day and to the bigger picture
- Dependent on experience
No recruiters, kindly.