Arcturus is an independent publishing company based near London Bridge. We are looking for an enthusiastic junior designer to join the Children’s Team.
Reporting to the Children’s Design Manager, you’ll be working on titles across our Children’s list, which includes fiction, non-fiction, activity, and novelty books. Our latest catalogue can be found here; it will give you an idea of the wide range of titles we produce at Arcturus.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Prepare and check files for print
- Design covers and spreads
- Create templates for briefing external designers and illustrators.
- Work with out-of-house designers to ensure work is kept to the highest standard
- Research recent illustration and design trends to contribute to new project development
- Work effectively with the Children’s Editorial team
- Implement feedback from the Sales team to produce materials targeted to customers’ needs
The ideal candidate will be passionate about children’s books, keen to develop their creative skills, and has potential to grow with the role.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A portfolio of work demonstrating design skill
- Good creative judgement and design sense
- Familiarity with using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Previous work experience in a publishing environment as an intern, entry or junior level designer
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Teams
- Experience in working with illustrators
This is a full-time position based at our Bermondsey Street offices.
Salary is £21,000-£24,000 (depending on experience).