Junior Graphic Designer
Freelance contract, 3 days a week for 8 weeks - for immediate start
£100 - £120 day rate dependent on experience
New London Architecture (NLA) is London’s centre for excellence for the built environment.
Our purpose is to make London a better place for those who live, work and visit.
We do this through a busy year-round programme of research, events, festivals, exhibitions, publications, promoting debate and discussion about the future of cities.
Our fast-growing membership spans across public and private sectors, in London, UK and internationally, and we have two central London public exhibition galleries both with giant interactive models of central London, where anyone can come to learn about future-plans for the city.
We are looking for a keen and dynamic Designer to support the team at NLA. You will be joining the design team to help us with new and existing design projects. We are a very busy team within the marketing and communications area of the business, and you will work closely with a small collaborative team of highly talented designers. We are looking for someone who is proactive, articulate, approachable and punctual.
The role is a part time position for a freelance graphic designer, working Monday – Wednesday. The position would require 2 days remote and 1 day in the office from 17th May. The position is initially a fixed term, 3 days a week for 8 weeks with a review to extend at the end of the 8 weeks.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
• Digital and social asset creation
• Editorial & magazine spreads (for print)
• Digital report layout
• Design research & presentation development
• Updating and creating email templates
• Collaborating with in house designers on ongoing projects
• Supporting all business areas with sales and marketing materials and presentations
• Very good working knowledge of the Adobe CC
• Strong typography experience • Basic video editing
• Experience working with Mailchimp
• Attention to detail, focus and consistency
• Experience working with Wordpress sites (desirable)
• Understanding of HTML/CSS (desirable)
A minimum of one year’s worth of graphic design industry working, in branding, print design and digital. More specific digital experience would be advantageous.
To apply, please follow the link to our recruitment page where you can apply by sending your CV and covering letter and portfolio by Friday 14 May. Early applications are encouraged as we are looking to fill the position immediately.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.