We’re looking for a senior designer to join our team – a creative problem solver, with brand and corporate identity experience, strong typographic and art direction skills, and a good knowledge of production techniques.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a key role. Working with our Creative Director, you’ll be a creative problem solver, able to work across industries and across formats, to produce brands that meet the high standards our studio is known for. You’ll be relentlessly curious, seeking out best practice and inspiration from other creatives across the world, researching our clients’ worlds, and applying that knowledge to your work. And you’ll be a good communicator, working across our whole team, and with our clients.
- Contributing to brand strategy, working with the senior team to identify and solve the real problem or challenge at the heart of each client brief.
- Creating concepts for new brands, and developing them into fully realised brands.
- Maintaining design standards across the studio, ensuring that all work sent to clients meets our standards, whether for your own work or that of the rest of the design team.
- Providing informal mentoring and support to the design team on a daily basis, as required.
- Providing art direction for your own work and on occasion for other work created in the studio.
- Working with our Creative Director and Managing Director to create materials for our portfolio, in multiple formats, and creating client pitch, concept and presentation documents.
- Creating brand guidelines and assets across all formats for clients, as required, often working directly with clients.
- Working with our account and studio management team to set schedules, identify pinch points and ensure that your work meets project and client schedules.
- Brand and corporate identity experience (min. 5 years).
- Solid knowledge of design principles.
- Solid typographic skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong art direction skills.
- An attention to detail.
- A keen researcher, with a desire to problem-solve.
- Experience working across all formats, particularly digital.
- Full time, permanent contract
- Salary: up to £41,000
- Pension scheme
- Manchester + hybrid working
- Training development plan
- 20 days holiday + 1 day per year of service + Bank Holidays + Christmas closure
This Job Description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. It outlines the main purpose of this role, and its key responsibilities.