Are you looking to scale your ideas and designs across products that serve hundreds of thousands of users? Would you like to work for a socially conscious company that makes a real difference in a sector that really matters?
The Key is the country’s most trusted provider of resources and know-how to education leaders across 17,000 schools. We provide authoritative, up-to-the-minute content, tools, and resources that give school leaders the knowledge to act.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for managing the product design team and will draw on best practice to support their development, whilst guiding them towards the delivery of high quality outputs & outcomes across our portfolio of products.
You will be the design lead on specific projects across our portfolio - with involvement throughout the product development lifecycle from discovery through to delivery. To do this, you will draw on a strong body of design skills and experience, including running user research, analysing feedback and data, prototyping, mapping user flows, and leading/facilitating design sprints and workshops.
You will also be responsible for continuing the progress towards a centralised design system and UX framework, which will help us achieve consistency and scale great design across our growing suite of products and services.
- Line manage and develop our design team (currently a UX designer and a UI designer).
- Be an evangelist for design across all teams, advocating for customer-centric design and delightful experiences.
- Develop a deep understanding of our members’ context and their problems, through both primary and secondary research, including internal knowledge-sharing.
- Develop a backlog of impactful design improvements and influence prioritisation decisions.
- Take the lead in shaping solutions for delivery, collaborating across functions and applying appropriate design techniques to arrive at a clear proposal.
- Work with Engineers to ensure the delivery of delightful, well designed solutions that achieve desired outcomes.
- Continue to build and maintain the Key’s Design system covering both UX and UI, ensuring that it is flexible and scalable and can be used by other teams across the organisation.
- Ensure that we design solutions that meet WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility standards.
The ideal person
- Have 5+ years of experience in Product Design (UX/UI) and UX Design roles, with a strong portfolio
- Have 2+ years experience in managing UX and UI designers
- Have experience in User Research and Usability Testing, creating Wireframes, Storyboards, User & process flows, writing copy and final designs & UI
- Be a skilled facilitator of cross-functional design workshops
- Have experience of working alongside engineering teams and in continuous agile development
- Have knowledge of industry standard design tools, e.g. Figma, Adobe Suite
- Have experience of creating and owning a complete Design System
- Have experience of working on projects end to end, from research through to completion
Why work for us
We are a socially conscious company that offers pace and purpose. We balance all the energy and excitement of a modern user-centric subscription business, with the privilege of delivering value to more than half the schools in the country.
We place huge importance on caring for and developing our people. We expect a good work-life balance and the training and support we need to succeed. We offer a generous holiday allowance, flexible hours, buying and selling holiday, enhanced maternity pay, free breakfast, fruit, and drinks, regular socials and much more.