We are on the look out for a super talented, senior motion designer, with strong agency experience, to join our in-house motion team.
You’ll be someone who’s looking to make an impact, you’ll have big ideas and not be afraid to get stuck in and make rich, moving experiences for our brands. You thrive in a fast paced environment and are able to execute quickly.
A motion generalist with a strong design background you’ll be able to flex with ease between 2D motion graphics, 3D animation and short form video editing, and will be keen to get involved and contribute at multiple stages of the creative process. You believe there’s a meaning and a purpose behind every animated action and key frame but you are also open to new ideas and ways of thinking - experimenting is second nature. You have a thirst for the wider strategy and insight as well as slick keyframes. New challenges and opportunities to add value and elevate the motion output are what excites you.
Create best in class motion for brand identities, campaigns and animation projects, able to comfortably work on both 2D and 3D animation builds. Edit short form for video led projects and cut mood films for pitches and internal work when required. Work closely and collaborate with the wider creative and design teams to develop concepts and treatments, and produce storyboards.
Confidently present ideas and motion back to the wider creative teams as well as external clients and partners. Keep up to date with the latest motion and design trends and champion new ways of working within the studio. Where required help to train more junior members of the team on new softwares, skills and processes. Confidently work across multiple motion projects on different timescales. Have responsibility over your own workloads, managing your time effectively and delivering on time and within budget.You will report to the Head of motion and where needed support in the running and lead of certain motion projects.
• Expert experience using After Effects, understanding of plugins and expressions and how to use effectively
• Confident editing skills with Premiere, proficient in the usual design tools - Photoshop and Illustrator
• Fluent C4D skills preferably with Redshift and/or Octane
• A thorough understanding of 3D motion pipelines and integration into 2D work-streams
• Detail obsessed with a strong design background and awareness of current trends in both motion and design
• Knowledgable on the fundamentals of great story-telling and how to apply to both film and motion briefs, and be comfortable expressing your ideas through storyboards and/or treatments
• Strong understanding of the importance of brand systems, tone of voice and guidelines
• A team player who has the ability to flex and adapt their creative approach depending on the projects scale and requirement
• An understanding of the editing/video post workflow.
• A video production background and interest in campaigns and shoot production
• 20 Days Holiday (basic)
• Extra Holiday Day per year of service (up to 5 years service)
• Day off on your birthday
• Summer Hours July & August (Half Day Friday)
• Closed over the entire Christmas period
Learning & Culture
• Flexible Hybrid working model (x2 Mandatory days in the studio)
• Monthly Stereo Sessions (Learning Opportunities with Guest Speakers)
• Annual Summer & Christmas Parties
• Quarterly Team lunch/breakfast
Wellbeing & Health
• BUPA Employee Assistance (free, 24-hour confidential helpline service)
• x1 Paid Volunteer Day
• New business bonus based on a % of the profit on the project for up to one year
• Intro recruitment bonus for successfully bringing friends / peers into the business £1,000 (Upon successful 3 month probation meeting)