We have a unique and exciting opportunity for a talented Junior Art Director to join the Paul Smith team, based in our Tokyo offices. This role requires the successful candidate to promote, protect and extend the Paul Smith brand, which includes creating a visual identity for all forms of advertising and promotion for Japan, following the creative direction given by the Art Director in the UK.
• To direct and create, creative assets required for the Paul Smith Japan website ensuring the visual identity and integrity of the Paul Smith brand is upheld and aligned with its global website.
• To have a clear understanding of the values of the Paul Smith brand, to be able to work closely with the Marketing and Press team to build relationships at all levels.
• Work as a conduit for all the creative brand initiatives and plans and interpret it appropriately for the local market needs.
• Working closely with Art Director, to direct, devise and execute seasonal campaigns for the different collections and product groups.
• In conjunction with Art Director, develop a tone of image that can be implemented across all licences and business touch points for the Japanese market.
• Direct all the photo shoots and visual image creations for the Paul Smith Japan website.
• Understanding the marketing needs, create creative assets and visual contents for SNS and other creative promotional and advertising content for the Japanese Market.
• Working closely with Marketing team and external agency, follow the marketing plan for the production and execution of all image collateral, ensuring all projects are completed on schedule.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Fluent in both English and Japanese.
• Knowledge of photography, lighting and image creation, a high proficiency of Capture 1, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• 2-3 years’ experience in an editorial and commercial styling or photography environment for magazine/brands.
• Experience of shooting (with or without models) for E Commerce.
• A proven record of delivering projects within budget and on time.
• High level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office packages.
• The ability to understand creative direction and excel at translating this into desired quality creatives in a variety of contexts.
• Able to understand the Paul Smith tone of voice and imagery.
• Highly systematic and well organised with the ability to prioritise own workload.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines in a fast paced environment and to stay calm under pressure.
• Flexible over working hours and able to travel internationally when required.
• A keen interest in culture, fashion, music, literature and the arts.
In addition to the annual salary this role attracts -
• A generous Clothing Allowance
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods
• An annual leave entitlement
Please note this role requires that you submit a link within the application form, to a colour portfolio containing work examples totalling no more than 10 pages this should be available for 4 weeks after the advert closing date.