Magpie is an award winning design agency that prides itself on producing highly creative work. We’re a small independent that packs a big creative punch. Based in the Truman Brewery, Brick Lane we’re an energetic, fun and friendly team who are passionate about delivering ideas driven design for a wide range of clients – from major global players, such as Apple and Virgin, through to young start ups.
We are looking for a talented and personable Creative Artworker to work closely with our design and client service teams. This person would play a key role in the execution and delivery of a range of beautifully crafted print, packaging and digital projects.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about producing final artwork to exceptional standards, and has a good knowledge and genuine interest in new (and sometimes experimental) print and digital production techniques. They are a great team player and problem solver, able to work collaboratively and take feedback, but also comfortable working independently, taking responsibility for design adaptations, artwork and delivery.
- Taking lead on the creation of final artwork for a range of print and digital deliverables with a keen attention to detail and craft.
- Independently extending an approved design direction across a suite of assets, or adapting / localising designs to fit a range of alternative layouts and formats.
- Comping and creating visuals to support the design team, and retouching images for use within an array of digital or print deliverables.
- Setting up schematics, documents, nets, cutter guides, and mock-ups, and support in establishing or translating print specs.
- Producing final print-ready artworks, and checking printers’ proofs.
- Liaising comfortably with production partners, the design team, client service team and clients, as required.
- Ideally minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a fast-paced design agency.
- A portfolio that demonstrates the ability to create and artwork a range of well crafted print, packaging and digital deliverables.
- Passion for design, print, typography, able to make well considered design decisions.
- A good technical knowledge of repro and printing processes, and an interest in new processes / technologies.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and a good collaborator with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Highly organised with great time-management skills, able to plan and execute work efficiently and proactively.
- Extensive experience working with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Experience of Keynote, AfterEffects, and Cinema4D is advantageous.
Please note, this is a full time role. We’re currently trialling a 3:2 split with an option to work from home 2 days (currently Thursdays and Fridays).