A little about us and the motion designer role
Rokabye is a fiercely independent creative agency specialising in brand & campaign design, CG, animation & post production. We infuse motion with meaning to bring brands to life. Large or small.
We’re a young company, niche in approach, that strives to inspire new ideas and thinking. At our heart is a tight knit team that is extremely collaborative. We’re looking for a motion designer to join us and help propel us forward, taking advantage of all opportunities that present themselves.
Motion designers at Rokabye are intrinsic in helping us create original, exciting and beautiful creative solutions. We’re a company that is built on respect, honesty and creative passion.
We’re looking for a kind and considerate team player. Happy to get involved, truly be a part of, and continue to grow something special. If you want to play an intrinsic role for a young company with an exciting and growing client base, this could be what you’re looking for.
A bit more detail? Please read on…
You will have a passion for storytelling with a desire to learn, push boundaries and construct well considered, appropriate, moving creative. We strive to bring originality to all our work. The role is multi-faceted, fast-paced and requires a high level of initiative, intelligence and experience as we work across multiple sectors and creative disciplines.
You’ll build strong relationships and work well within a team. We’re after an adaptable, energetic mind who thinks big and has the technical and craft skills to match.
Ambition, drive, energy, curiosity and a “can-do” attitude are all welcomed.
The Day to day
- Designing for motion, both graphic and filmic
- Modelling, Animation (2D and 3D), Compositing and VFX
- Help drive the creative output of the studio, pushing boundaries, conceptually, visually and technically
- Help projects to run smoothly, being aware of timings, deliverables and workflow
- Ensure compliance with deadlines and design standards
- Liaising with colleagues and where relevant external suppliers
- Presenting concept designs internally and subsequently externally (experience dependant)
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and programs
- Plus any Ad hoc requirements that may be reasonably required
- Help to grow the studio reputation both actively, with existing clients and pro-actively with publications and creative media
Your experience and approach
We’re looking for someone with at least 3 years experience in a brand/advertising agency, post house or similarly creative environment. We’re after someone who brings their own ideas and ways of doing things to the table, to help us build our offering and diversify our approach. You will:
- Have a grounding in design and design theory
- Be highly skilled using After Effects, Premiere Pro and relevant adobe suite, Cinema 4D with knowledge of Redshift (Knowledge of Houdini, resolve and fusion is a plus)
- Be a natural multi-tasker, someone who thrives in a busy and varied environment
- Be a strong, empathetic communicator; building trusted relationships with both the wider team
- Have strong diplomacy skills with a clear sense of confidentiality and sensitivity to boundaries
- Be efficient and able to adapt to processes and systems easily
- Have strong organisational and time management skills
- Be able to work through complex and multiple work streams
- Be approachable, transparent and a friendly person
- Have knowledge of the post production pipeline
- Apply a rigorous attention to detail
- Think technically and strategically where relevant
- Be passionate, self-motivated and enthusiastic
Original thinkers with strong points of view who value professional and personal development, please do apply. There is room to grow here, with dedicated time given to learning every week.
We look to foster an environment where the only limit to what’s achievable is our imagination. Our culture is key and without our staff, we’re nothing. You’d be joining a truly caring, warm environment. We want you to develop and grow alongside us. We offer:
- Competitive salary (this depends on experience for the motion role)
- Flexible working hours and remote working options (after the studio is open again)
- Pension plan
- Regular training and learning opportunities with time dedicated each week
- 28 days holiday per year + a day off on your birthday and roughly a week at Christmas to recharge
- A bike to work scheme
- Regular social engagements (taking into account Covid)
- Small but incredibly talented team with opportunity to make your mark and take a lead