We have an exciting opportunity for a talented digital designer and creative all-rounder (who loves dogs!) to join our growing team in London.
Beco is a fast-growing pet business on a mission to make owning a pet more sustainable. Since 2009 we’ve been innovating away from a world dominated by cheap plastic toys and accessories trying to make products that do as little damage to the environment as possible. We had a dream to create products that looked great, were truly functional, durable, loved by pets, and were made with the environment in mind. We’ve gone from strength to strength, and are currently stocked in over 43 markets worldwide, with products sold in retailers such as Waitrose, Ocado & Pets at Home, as well as independents across the UK and distributors worldwide…. but this is only the beginning!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a brilliant all-round designer with strong digital capabilities, you will be responsible for the design and delivery of all our creative across the desktop and mobile site, marketing emails and social channels.
We're growing quickly! So you will be creative and confident whilst working within a fast-paced environment and be reactive with your workload as the needs of the business changes. You’ll have a strong eye for detail and innovation which will allow you to push design boundaries and challenge the norm. You must show the ability to explore a range of ideas and have a good understanding of site, app, social channels, CRM before demonstrating a design decision through all given projects.
Daily responsibilities will include designing marketing emails, social content, infographics and other website content including short film. You must have a positive can-do attitude and be able to follow the briefs set by the wider team whilst keeping track of your time management and ensuring all deadlines are consistently met.
- Develop functional, on-brand design outputs across becopets.com and all our digital marketing touchpoints including email newsletters & social content.
- Develop innovative, platform-specific designs, including short form film, with a focus on the mobile user
- Your work will consistently reflect the brand values and visual identity; you will have a deep understanding of what is or isn’t ‘Beco’ and be able to respond to projects and campaigns accordingly.
- Effectively convey our brand stories through visual media
- Work with head of ecomm to set and design new email templates and overhaul how we approach design, templating across triggered and continuity campaigns.
- Help design relevant a/b tests (across website, newsletter and social channels) with the end goal of increasing conversion and improving customer experience
- Use your strong design principles, eye for detail and ability to combine commerciality and creativity in all the work you produce
- Independently manage multiple briefs and communicate progress accurately to wider team
- 3+ years industry experience
- An exceptional online portfolio showcasing innovative design concepts and highly considered visual executions (both still and moving).
- Ability to combine creativity and commerciality to inspire and increase customer conversion
- Confident in Sketch, PS, InDesign & Illustrator to visualise ideas and briefs
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Video Editing).
- Act with a strong understanding of marketing/brand concepts
- Keen interest in digital, e-commerce, branding & UI design
- Understanding of platform-specific behaviour across digital devices
- A strong eye for typography, colour, and imagery
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Abundance of new ideas, to push design boundaries.
- Good level of photography skills both lifestyle and product
- Ability to edit video and photography
- Interest and experience in simple animation for social
- Product allowance
- Bring your dog to work!
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly socials & events
- Time out for social & environmental initiatives
- Team Beco Adventures
- 25 days holiday in addition to public holidays