Senior Designer – upto £50k
Somewhere in London, remote if you prefer
We’re looking for an experienced, capable and creative Senior Designer to join our friendly team working on a variety of digital and print projects for the typically non-profit, cultural, research and purpose-lead clients we work for.
It’s a multidisciplinary role but we’ll be especially interested in your digital design capabilities, branding experience is a bonus too. We build a lot of websites and we want you to help to take our work further, so experience in designing good looking, clever websites as well as having a keen interest in the web is an important requirement.
We’re looking for someone with a strong visual sense, an analytical mind, a good eye for detail and a portfolio of work to demonstrate this. We’re looking for someone who thrives on challenge and can work within a tight deadline (when required). You’ll also be someone who likes communicating and can engage with our clients to understand what they’re looking for and indeed to lead them through the creative process.
It’s a job that’s full of interest and challenge – normally your role will see you engaged on multiple projects simultaneously; you’ll be joining us at an exciting time. We’re smart, hard working and rather fun – so we can offer you a challenging, interesting and rewarding place to work where your work and passion will make a difference to our clients.
The role term is initially fixed-term to provide maternity cover (9-12 months)... but depending on how things work there’s a reasonable chance it could become permanent if you wanted it to be. We’re London-based but having seen how well remote working can work we’re open to the idea that you might be elsewhere in the UK or further afield.
Effusion is a design and digital studio that works mostly with charities, social enterprises and organisations that are doing more than just making money for themselves to make the world, society and people’s lives better.
We’re a team of eight friendly people – so we think of ourselves as a boutique studio, but some of our largest clients have considerable reach with our work / impact reaching far + wide nationally and internationally.
Before Covid we used to work in a studio in East London together and we hope to again before too long. Way back when, we used to work together, socialise sometimes and take advantage of our great location next to the park and close to some great pubs and restaurants.
- You’re really good at what you do
- Graduate level education or equivalent work experience
- At least 7 years commercial experience working in a design/digital agency environment
- Insight into your own creative process and an ability to understand and follow a design brief
- A full understanding of the design process and an ability to take a project from initial concept to final expression
- An analytical mind and an ability to express yourself both verbally and in writing
- Creative flair and proven experience in creating compelling visual identities and strong typographic layouts
- Strong understanding of web usability and accessibility, digital trends and how websites are put together
- A good eye for detail
- Self motivation and an ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience communicating with clients and colleagues
- A genuine interest in broader visual/digital culture
- Right to work in the UK/EU
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Understanding of print production and finishing processes
- An interest in people, society and the issues which affect them
- A great place to work with fun, smart colleagues
- A competitive salary (upto £50k) based on experience
- A supportive, collaborative, stimulating and nurturing environment
- 32 days holiday
- Gym membership and access to training/further qualifications
- A pension scheme
How to apply
Please supply a CV and portfolio (and a link to your website if you have one), which should include a mix of professional work.
Send this to email@example.com
If you have any queries please contact Ginny Lee via email firstname.lastname@example.org.