Rotate° is on the hunt for an ambitious, enthusiastic, and talented Product Manager to join our growing agency team. This is a very important hybrid role. One that encompasses the strategic vision for our client partners, leading an agile team in delivering projects, and overall stakeholder management - ensuring our client partners get the best experience possible.
The role is open to candidates looking for freelance (contract) as well as permanent role.
Salary: depending on experience
Reporting to: CMO & Commercial Director
Location: Hybrid (London Office)
Role Type: Full Time
We are a digital creative studio based in East London that specialises in eCommerce - from brand, to build, to audience.
We work with brands we don't call clients but rather partners, with the ambition to grow fast in their sector.
Our partners not only have to be brands we believe in but ones we are passionate about growing, with like-minded teams we love creating with. They drive us, we drive them.
Together we create value, increase sales and build memorable digital brands...never just websites!
About the role
You will be an integral part of the agency, helping our partners grow their business online with smart strategy, defining projects and features, as well as tactical execution. Working with our partners directly, you will have all the soft skills of an account manager that’s responsible for leading and creating a brilliant partner experience, resulting in new work-stream opportunities.
You will communicate the product's vision with absolute clarity (from concept to delivery), by using your determination and energy to lead our cross-functional team of engineers and designers to deliver this vision in the longer term. In the short term, you will need to use best practice agile techniques to forge solutions balancing needs within known constraints.
To succeed in this role, you should be customer-obsessed and detail-oriented with an appetite for understanding technology and the components that make up fantastic eCommerce experiences. You need to be confident and creative and focused on delivering value to customers and keen to measure, learn and improve.
Ultimately, you will be confident and passionate about working with a variety of brilliant brands we call partners, helping them grow their eCommerce business.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
What you'll do
- Be the expert - Develop a deep understanding of your product area. You should be the go-to person for any decisions. You will be the main point of contact for all product features including running demonstrations.
- Stay close to our partner's needs - Adopting the role of client proxy within the team to drive the best solutions, balancing the requirements of stakeholders with technical limitations and user experience best practices.
- Back it up - Work closely with designers to integrate qualitative and quantitative research, analysis, and insights to develop experiences that deepen customer engagement and inform product strategies and roadmaps. We need to ensure that our products compete successfully in a fast-moving market.
- Manage expectations - Monitor the backlog, user stories, acceptance criteria, definition of done, and other requirements for an agile team.
- Push boundaries - Drive a ‘test and learn’ approach to develop products and features, delivering customer value incrementally whilst testing risky assumptions to understand what not to design and build.
- Communicate every step of the way - Regularly update stakeholders and teams about the performance of your product area – against key metrics or hypotheses – and use this as a backdrop to any product recommendations or decisions and to document the success of your products.
- Experience of going through a full product lifecycle, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, driving prioritisation and pre/post-launch execution
- Agile certification or equivalent
What does it take?
- Minimum of 3 years as a Product Manager (or similar role), with a track record of successful software delivery, ideally with e-commerce platforms (but not a deal-breaker if not)
- Display strong leadership, organisational and execution skills.
- Previous experience delivering successful products and being acutely aware of what made them a success
- Demonstrated ability to frame product problems and opportunities in light of the user needs and technical and design constraints
- Experience working to optimise products based on qualitative or quantitative insights
- Ability to collate and analyse data from multiple sources and build insights that shape your product work and enable you to make informed decisions - using A/B testing, user testing, Google Analytics, and competitor and market analysis
- To have worked at speed, to high quality and with excellent collaboration
- Calm, methodical and resilient, you've been in some scrapes, planned your way out and can show others how to do the same
- You have a deep understanding of how customers shop and behave, the customer lifecycle, and how to develop and deliver impactful growth online
- A knack for facilitating product portfolio and roadmap planning, but also translating these into the required level of detail for people to implement.
- A curious mind that enables you to self-learn about new customer problem areas or opportunities
- Experience with Agile ways of working and collaborating with cross-functional development team
- A skill of taking people on journey as we instil a product mindset across Rotate°
- Creative & Innovative - You're an idea generator, you do your own research, and you thrive when given the freedom to run your product
- Communication - You'll be able to convey your needs clearly to engineering, help reduce ambiguity, and take pride in your written specifications
- Technical - You'll have some technical skills, so that when engineers bring an idea or a problem to your attention, you won’t struggle to understand the implications
- Commercial Awareness - you'll know how to work with sales and marketing, and how to make a successful launch
- Self-organising - You take responsibility for your own schedule and workload. You know what’s expected of you each week and can confidently discuss competing priorities on your time.
- Teamwork - You achieve your goals working with your colleagues and clients - collaboratively. You avoid being the hero and you’re never a team of one. You understand the reasons for our baseline standards, and you stick to them.
- Integrity - You set clear commitments and expectations and you do what it takes to meet those commitments
- Resilience & Tenacity - You handle difficult situations. When faced with a challenge, you step up to solve it and do not wait for others to work it out for you
- Sensitivity to others - You are polite and considerate to clients and colleagues and understand that we’re all working toward the same goal
- Strong opinions lightly held - You speak up, but you’ll listen to critique with open ears
What else do we offer?
- Flexible Remote Working: You will have the option of working up to 3 days a week remotely.
- Wellness Fund: Within a year you can expense up to £250 on equipment or activities to boost your wellbeing.
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity Leave: It’s important to us that our employees are given as much support during this special time, which is why we have an enhanced policy.
- Yoga Classes: We have Guest Yoga teachers come in each week to provide a gentle 30min session. This is within working hours + free Yoga Mat if you don’t already have one.
- Unlimited Personal Development Fund: We have an untethered fund for your professional development. These are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Quarterly Personal Development Reviews: A quarterly session with your Line Manager to ensure that Rotate° is supporting you in reaching your career goals.
- Equipment Budget: We know you are most effective when you have the right equipment that works for you. As such, on starting, you will work with your Line Manager to agree the best setup for you - standing desks, monitors, laptops, you name it.
- Off-Site Days: Summer Party, Christmas Party, End of Month Parties - if there is an excuse, we'll have a party.
- Team Lunches: When we’re in the office we order Deliveroo 1 - 2 times a week. It’s the one day, nobody has to think about lunch but it’s when we all come together to not only share the food but to catch up and have fun!
- Discounts: We also work with great clients that give us discounts too.
How do you know if you’ll love working with us?
We genuinely care about our people. We are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for, where we deliver amazing award-winning work for our clients, and everyone supports and learns from each other!
We are an equal opportunity employer
Rotateº is an equal opportunity employer and believes that innovation thrives in teams where diverse points of view come together to solve tricky challenges. As such, we are seeking individuals who will bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experience.