At Spitfire Audio we make sample libraries that are used by composers and music makers around the world. Our software instruments let music-makers compose with the instruments of an orchestra using a regular musical keyboard. Since 2007 we have recorded and released products with the likes of Hans Zimmer, Abbey Road Studio, the BBC Symphony Orchestra and a host of up-and-coming artists. We even run our own record label to showcase emerging talent. By providing a range of free software instruments, we are also helping to break down the barriers to orchestral music-making and inspire a new generation of composers.
Spitfire Audio is an equal opportunity employer and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings. We are committed to ensuring that the terms and conditions of employment of employees and potential employees are equitable and non-discriminatory. This means that job applicants and employees will be treated fairly regardless of their sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, religion or religious beliefs.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Designer/Art Director to join the Creative team at Spitfire Audio.
Working alongside Creative and marketing leads you’ll have the opportunity to develop and produce highly creative, high-quality, branding and campaign work across multiple channels - including web, product, UX, e-commerce and social media.
If you’re someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys variety in what you do, and is excited about helping to build a world-class brand, we’d love to speak with you.
- Salary £32k-£45k, depending on experience
- Minimum 2 days a week based in London, King’s Cross / Home-working / Remote
- Full-time role: Monday–Friday, 09:00 - 17:00 / Flexible
- Reporting to the Creative Team Lead
- You’re a strong conceptual thinker and have the imagination and skill set to push our creative work to the next level
- Fully immersed in the world of design
- Excellent attention to detail with a mastery of design, typography, image creation and retouching
- Extensive experience working to creative briefs and the ability to adapt your style and approach to deliver on the needs of a project
- Full of creative energy, able to bring ideas to life with the resilience to constructively work with feedback
- You are self-motivated and driven; able to act on your own initiative
- You can give clear direction and actionable feedback, which empowers your team and collaborators to deliver outstanding work
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines and make sensible decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of product demands in tandem with the agreed project scope
- Broad knowledge of creative software, tools and techniques
- A solid understanding of Motion FX and animation
- You’re passionate with craftsmanship and care above every last pixel
- You show an active interest in the latest tooling, best practices and design techniques, and how they can support the evolution of the design team
- You understand and are inspired by our brand purpose, always looking to maximise your positive impact on the business in any way you can
- An excellent communicator
- Confident, passionate, positive and talented
PRIMARY TASKS AND OBJECTIVES
- Working closely with Creative and Marketing leads to develop campaign concepts
- Producing visual design assets for a range of marketing and brand campaigns including: advertising, social media posts, video graphics, emails, merchandise and documents
- Hiring and managing external freelancers and production partners, and project managing when required
- Producing creative proposals that clearly communicate the creative direction of your work to a wider team of stakeholders
- Proactively contribute to how our visual language comes together as we scale, helping us ensure that every pat of our brand, from product launches to global marketing campaigns to emails, represents the very best of Spitfire Audio
- Contribute to our design community and practices
- Sharing knowledge and insights with Junior members of the design team
- Full Adobe Suite fluency including Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere and InDesign
- Confident working in Figma
- Previous experience working to brief for clients and brands
- Knowledge of 32 software e.g. Blender, Cinema4D, 3DSMax