Bakken & Bæck is a technology-driven design studio working out of Oslo, Amsterdam, Bonn, and London. Building digital products, brands, and businesses, we help ambitious companies identify, explore and respond to new opportunities.
From defining the future home with IKEA to building decentralized platforms with Coinbase; we are in the business of breaking new grounds. As one international team across offices, we have all the skill-sets needed to help businesses adapt to an increasingly complex world.
We’re committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels comfortable, regardless of their identity, experiences, and beliefs. We want BB to be a place where you can try out new things with the risk of failing, where you can take ownership over your own work without being micromanaged, and where there’s a low barrier for coming up with ideas — no matter your job title or discipline.
Work-life balance shouldn’t be a perk, but a given. We strongly believe in flexibility, knowing that creativity doesn’t always happen between 9 and 5. At BB you’ll be given a lot of freedom, which means managing your own priorities, trying out new things, and working a flexible hours scheme.
About the role:
We are now looking for a copywriter to join our brand and communications team in Oslo, Bonn, London, or Amsterdam.
As a transdisciplinary team, it’s our aim to explore and implement new modes of interaction that evoke meaningful and inclusive connections between human beings and their technological surroundings. Combining strategy, storytelling and technology, we create bespoke and resilient digital **scenarios that help brands to transmit their identity, ideas and stories in the right tone of voice on all relevant platforms.
As a copywriter, you will play an integral part in the brand and communications team. The ideal candidate understands how great storytelling can make complex ideas more tangible, inspire users and stakeholders, and drive ambitious projects forward. With an unconditional love for words, you’ll create delightful stories and brand narratives for a wide range of clients, addressing a diverse group of people. You have an inherent enthusiasm for digital design, contemporary culture and emerging technology, and are forever curious about what comes next.
Your role in the team:
You’ll be part of our brand and communications team, comprised of brand designers, art directors, strategists and writers. Your day will be spent working on client projects and internal communication projects. On most days you will craft stories together with people from the brand and communications team, while closely interacting with product managers, researchers, developers and (product) designers.
What we’d like you to do:
- Creative copywriting on client projects, including development of storytelling strategies, copy for websites and apps, editorial contributions, film scripts, creative briefs, strategic writing, campaigns and social media.
- Work closely with our brand design and strategy team on visual identity development, with ownership of brand narratives, key messaging, tone of voice and naming.
- Establish communication style guides for the products and brands we build, and help ensure a consistent implementation on all digital platforms.
- Be a key contributor to our internal editorial team, with curiosity and passion for a broad range of topics surrounding design and technology.
We are looking for someone who has a knack for communicating complex concepts in the right tone of voice, keeps their audience in mind, and has a detail-oriented and hands on approach. Understanding how brand, design, and writing support each other throughout the user experience is a natural extension of your job.
- Excellent writing skills and a deep love for the written word.
- Some years of experience working with branding for digital products.
- Experience with working on client projects, in a client-facing role.
- The ability to balance several projects simultaneously, and confidently write in multiple styles.
- Impeccable English, preferably as a mother tongue.
- Have experience working with social media
Bonus if you:
- Know your way around Figma or other design tools
- Have experience with worldbuilding / speculative scenarios
- Speak Norwegian
- To get a better feel for what we care about as a company, our perks, and our work philosophy, check out our Company Handbook
- Deadline: Please apply before April 15th. Please include your portfolio or a link to your online portfolio when applying
- Get in touch with Amanda Nicolaysen (firstname.lastname@example.org) in case of any questions