WOOL AND THE GANG is a dynamic, young DIY Fashion brand who is ready to 'Wool the world'. We believe in sustainable fashion that’s #madeunique. Our brand offers an incredibly innovative concept in the fashion world – contemporary, stylish, planet friendly clothing & accessories you can make yourself with our knit/crochet kits.
We have exciting plans to get the whole world knitting. If you’re looking to make your mark on a rapidly growing brand, we could be the Gang for you!
About the role
We're looking for an outstanding Senior Graphic Designer to join our small team full time. This role will work closely with the Group Art Director as well as manage our Junior Graphic Designer to maintain and build on our core brand identity. This role will be perfect for someone who wishes to broaden their skill set and who wants to work in tandem with Brand really helping set direction for the business.
Working with multiple teams and stakeholders, your focus will be to design and perfect our website interface and experience and to collaboratively conceptualise, art direct, execute and lead multiple campaigns from product launches to brand awareness or more day to day asset creation such as newsletters and organic social content. You will also assist in the provision of offline marketing assets such as packaging, sales support, craft patterns and PR assets. You will make sure WOOL AND THE GANG content always looks sharp, interesting and amazing.
It's all about team spirit at WOOL AND THE GANG and we believe our culture is perfect for fostering and nurturing talent. We have a broad range of initiatives to grow and inspire our team, we want to shape, grow and feed talent to give it the wings to become the future of our industry.
In more detail you will:
- Design for both digital and print
- Work across multiple channels from E-Com, Marketing, Social, PR, Retail and more
- Art Direct, Design and deliver small to major campaigns across all our channels
- Design and consistently improve our website interface and experience
- Design outstanding marketing assets for our homepage, landing pages, blogs, weekly newsletters, online campaigns, Social Media and more
- Constantly conceptualise and bring fresh ideas to the table to support Business As Usual activity and new launches
- Be involved with core Business As Usual in-house activity designing high standard newsletters and other digital marketing assets
- Work closely with the New Product Development stream in collaboration with the Group Art Director, Head of Knitwear, Head of Brand and Managing Director.
- Work very closely with the Head of Brand and E-Com team to drive and deliver the Digital Marketing Agenda.
- Art Direct, Produce, Manage and Deliver photographic and video content to support WATG agenda
- Plan workload for self, Junior Graphic Designer and Freelance Designers to ensure all work streams are delivered on time and within budget
- Undertake all relevant HR processes for junior graphic designer to ensure their potential is maximised
A strong interest in fashion and craft, you are an original and versatile team player with a passion for graphics and art direction (typography, composition, image-making, layout...) for digital/E-Com and print experiences. We want a proactive designer who is switched on, attentive to detail, highly creative and eager to become ambassadors of their craft and help us design the next phase of WATG's visual identity.
Tools of the trade:
- Graphic Design and Art Direction excellence
- Use Adobe creative suite like a pro (Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop & inDesign)
- Robust project management experience
- Video editing skills would be a bonus
- Creative thinking
- Fast learner
- Organised mind and ability to provide structure and solution to projects
- Ability to sketch and visualise ideas
- Collaborative working
- Staff Discount
- 25 days holiday equivalent
- Regular team lunches and events
- Bike to work scheme
- Paid volunteer days