Redemption Roasters are on a mission to reduce reoffending rates through coffee.
We believe exceptional coffee can come from people and places you wouldn’t expect; at our roastery in HMP The Mount, we train offenders in coffee industry skills with the aim of reducing reoffending in the UK. Upon release, we help our graduates find work in our own coffee shops, or within our network.
As a social enterprise, we think differently to other specialty coffee companies; we strive for profit in order to achieve our purpose. Every member of the Redemption Roasters team has a role to play in achieving that purpose; to challenge perceptions and change lives through Speciality coffee.
We are looking for a new Head of Marketing, Creative and PR.
Leading this broad department is an opportunity to manage the way Redemption talks to the world. Your team is key; spreading the word about what we do is crucial to our success as a change leader. As a design-conscious, premium brand, valuing and developing our appearance and perception is something we take very seriously.
You’ll manage our company Designer and there will be an immediate opportunity to recruit your second direct report, a Marketing Coordinator. The role is based at our offices in Bloomsbury (soon to be King’s Cross). Please note this is not a remote job.
This is a really exciting time to be joining Redemption. In the next 6 months, we are opening up to four new coffee shops, a new HQ and a second out-of-prison training centre. We are also working with more ex-offenders and other beneficiaries than ever before.
You can learn more about us on Instagram @RedemptionRoasters and at https://www.redemptionroasters.com/
Your duties will include:
- Overall responsibility for leading the Marketing, Creative and PR team
- Building and managing public awareness of the company, its products, services, brand and social mission: strategy and execution
- Managing the company's online presence, including the company website and webstore
- Increasing customer and client engagement and conversion across the company's business channels
- Establishing the company's positioning and target audience by analysing customer insights, consumer trends, competitors and the market
- Promoting the company as a social enterprise and a voice for social justice in relevant fields
- Ensuring the company’s ‘voice’ and brand is reflected across all channels and assets
- Building and managing the company's social media
- Organising events
- Collecting and storing customer data for use in marketing campaigns in line with legal requirements
- Drafting internal and external communications and ensure messaging is aligned and appropriate
- Creating and managing relationships with traditional press and influencers
- Dealing with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organisations
- Writing and producing presentations and press releases
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- At least 3 years' experience in similar role
- A degree or equivalent in a related field
- A proven record of executing/leading successful campaigns
- Enthusiasm for, and understanding of, our corporate social impact objectives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including the ability to draft elegant and creative prose
- A knack for tone and messaging
- An understanding of digital and online marketing including social media
- Comfortable acting as a spokesperson for the company
- Highly conversant with, and active on, social media
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- A passion for keeping up to date with relevant news and trends
- A results-driven approach
- A portfolio of press and media contacts
- Impeccable taste
At Redemption, you’ll receive:
- The opportunity to impact people’s lives through our social mission of helping ex-offenders back into work and learning skills
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 28 days holiday per annum (including public holidays)
- Free coffee and tea at all our cafes
- 50% staff discount on bags of coffee in our cafes and online
- Free gym membership
- Departmental dinners twice per year
- Company-wide socials every two months
- 1x Christmas and 1x Summer party
- 3 professional development days allowance per year
- SCA training opportunities
- Discretionary bonuses
- Cycle to work scheme
Equality and diversity statement.
Redemption Roasters is an international and multicultural business with customers, suppliers, and employees from across the globe. Fostering diversity in the workplace is both right and good for business. Gender, belief, ethnicity, origins, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, age or history of incarceration doesn't matter. If you perform, you'll fit in, whoever you are. We welcome applications from people with backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in the speciality coffee industry.