Senior Digital UX/UI Designer
GoodLove is a London-based creative brand consultancy, working closely with founders to scale belief in companies worth believing in. From organisations driving diversity in tech to a banking service designed specifically for migrant workers; from lab-made dairy-free cheese to driving sustainability in bitcoin mining.
Founded only 2 years ago, we're already picking up awards and developing an enviable roster of scale-up clients who not only run exceptional businesses but are a pleasure to work with. With success comes the need to bring in exceptional creative talent: and that’s where you come in.
We’re on the hunt for an ambitious senior digital designer to lead on GoodLove’s interactive output. A pro-active individual, who understands the power of brand, thinks strategically and is passionate about interactive design and technology.
Collaborating with both the strategy and creative team, you will bring energy, ideas and digital design expertise to the table from strategic brief through to beautifully executed end products.
If you are ready to spread your wings and take on a new challenge, this is an amazing opportunity to play a significant role in shaping the next part of the GoodLove adventure.
Your primary role will be to lead on translating the brand stories and identities we create into engaging digital brand experiences.
In practise this means:
- Working alongside our Strategy Director to plan and host workshops to build a strategic understanding of the brief and required site content.
- Producing user-centric wireframes and prototypes, inline with UX best practise.
- Working alongside the Creative Director to evolve visual identities into intuitive UI design systems.
- Exploring creatively to push beyond the obvious and develop innovative interactive designs.
- Discussing and presenting your work confidently to the team and clients, guiding them through the process.
- Co-ordinating user testing sessions and identifying necessary design modifications.
- Collaborating with developers to ensure the end product meets our high standards.
What we need to see
5+ years’ work experience and a portfolio that demonstrates:
- Ambitious idea-led interactive design
- Considered UX and UI design skills
- A crisp eye for typography, colour and layout
- Experience of animation and motion graphics
- Expertise in UX best practise user centric design and CMSs
- The ability to think creatively and clearly
- The creative ambition to get beyond the obvious answer
- The confidence to explain your work and sell your ideas to others
- The professionalism to be trusted with important client relationships
- The initiative to pre-empt problems
- The openness to seek & give constructive criticism
- The drive to want to step up and take responsibility
- The patience to educate the wider team
- The low ego to always try to do what’s best for the client
Weapons of choice
- Figma/Sketch - Experienced
- Illustrator - Experienced
- After Effects - Knowledgeable
- CSS & HTML - Basic
What you’ll get from us
- £50-55K/year DOE
- Pension contributions
- 25 days of annual holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- 2 duvet days/yr
- The opportunity to work across a broad variety of exciting creative briefs
- The opportunity to make a mark on the direction of our whole company
- The creative freedom to explore and challenge yourself as a designer
- Our commitment to helping you grow in your career through regular reviews and coaching
A working environment/culture that:
- is a relaxed and enjoyable, with 3 days a week in our studio near Liverpool St and the other 2 subject to what works for you
- allows for 2 weeks to be worked fully remotely
- values your opinions and encourages you to voice them
- understands that you are a person not a machine
- understands and respects that you have a life beyond your job, with core hours of 10.30am - 4.30pm and flexible work around that