We’re looking for a senior designer to join the NARI team in our Dalston based studio. We are a small core team, working across contemporary culture, fashion, beauty, art, and design for both start-ups and established global brands.
The role will be to lead on creative projects – from ideation through to production – using conceptual thought, creative practice, and brand strategy to execute meaningful and compelling design. As a lead creative you will be confident in your work, able to articulate your ideas, detail orientated, and importantly, have a strong and genuine interest in visual culture.
As we’re a small team, your ideas and work will not be diluted, and will often be put directly in front of the client. With this in mind, we’re looking for someone who can take initiative, and at times, ideate outside of direction. It’s also important that you feel comfortable discussing projects with both our clients and your peers, as well as getting stuck in with building decks and supporting junior designers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team, allowing you to establish a unique role and become a core member of the studio.
- Creative/branding studio experience
- Attention to detail
- Experience working alongside copywriters, strategists, and creative directors.
- Exceptional typographic and layout skills
- Passion for design / contemporary visual culture
- Organisational skills
- A strategic and intelligent approach
- Appreciation of brand expression across both traditional and digital mediums
- Driven, motivational and collaborative
- Determined and Proactive
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Figma & designing for web
- Illustration Skills
- Proficiency in font creation software such as Glyphs.
- Ability to draw your own fonts/lettering
Your tasks will include:
- Concept development, through to final production
- Design research
- Presentation builds & delivery
- Art Direction
- Visual Identity design
- Brand identity design
- Briefing in collaborators
- Design for print and web
- Project management
- Liaising with clients and suppliers
- Editorial and typography
- Mon-Thurs: 9:30 - 5:30pm, Friday: 9:30 - 1pm.
- 1 month notice period.
- Yearly pay review
- Total autonomy on where you work and how you want to structure it - studio or home
- Competitive pay (Always above average for level)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Above usual holiday days (30)
- Half-day Fridays (unless said otherwise at beginning of the week)
- Team lunch on NARI x1 month
- 2 weeks off at Christmas/New Year - and of course all other public holidays
- Potential of sharing time between a second studio in Europe.
We are looking to fill two senior positions.