Studio PI: Senior Illustration Agent - 1 year contract
Studio PI is looking for a Senior Illustration Agent to look after its fabulous roster of talented artists.
Studio PI is the award-winning photography and illustration agency that promotes equality and celebrates diversity across the creative sector. We champion artists from diverse backgrounds – people whose voices aren’t heard enough and whose talent isn’t seen enough.
Launched in October 2020, Studio PI was crowned Launch of the Year by the Campaign Media Awards. To build on this success, we need a talented and experienced Senior Illustration Agent that can hit the ground running.
You will be responsible for the management and development of the artists on our roster, negotiation of fees, navigation of contracts, invoicing and the securing of commissions across both editorial and commercial platforms.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience as an illustration agent, an extensive black book of commercial contacts and will be comfortable with a multi-faceted role that requires flexibility and proactivity in order to succeed.
Day to day:
- Guidance and development of artists. Helping the artists understand the industry and building on their current skills. This includes the creation of portfolios; feeding back on the artists’ work; keeping in touch with artists regularly; managing artists diaries, finding supportive clients for learning opportunities; help finding sponsorship for self-initiated projects; helping artists to interpret briefs.
- Illustration sales and commissions.
- Navigating contracts, negotiating fees, chasing payments and processing invoices.
- Dealing with copyrights, licensing and usage.
- Regular outreach.
- Management and development of Studio PI’s creative assistants.
- Finding new and securing new illustration talent
- Keeping on top of the latest creative trends.
What we’re looking for from you:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an illustration agent
- Proven track record of high value commissions
- Experience of liaising directly with clients to receive briefs, and negotiate terms
- An enviable contacts book across both editorial and commercial
- The initiative to take on and learn new tasks in a fast-moving environment
- Highly organised and able to pivot between daily deadlines and longer-term projects
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to develop solutions to a changing brief
- Well versed in social media-specific concepts. With an understanding of best practice for: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Experience of planning digital marketing campaigns utilising full range of techniques and measurement available to ensure maximum return on investment (ROI) for organisation
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- A competitive salary with an attractive bonus scheme
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
- Private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions
- Discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes
- A ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme