A Product Designer mindful of sustainability (who loves dogs!)
Hello, we’re Beco! A fast-growing pet business on a mission to make owning a pet more sustainable. Since 2009 we’ve been innovating away from a world dominated by cheap plastic toys and accessories trying to make products that do as little damage to the environment as possible. We had a dream to create products that looked great, were truly functional, durable, loved by pets, and were made with the environment in mind. We’ve gone from strength to strength, and are currently stocked in over 43 markets worldwide, with products sold in retailers such as Waitrose, Ocado & Pets at Home, as well as independents across the UK and distributors worldwide…. but this is only the beginning!
As a brilliant all-round product designer, you will be responsible for the design and delivery of all our new product plus the development updating of our existing ranges.
You will be creative and confident whilst working within a fast-paced environment and be reactive with your workload as the needs of the business changes. You’ll have a strong eye for detail and desire to innovate which will allow us to push design boundaries and challenge the norm. You must show the ability to explore a range of materials and methods through our sourcing partners in order to produce first class pet products whilst limiting environmental impact.
Daily responsibilities will include designing completely new products as required by our range planning for the Beco brand and partner organisations. You must have a positive can-do attitude and be able to follow the briefs set by the wider team whilst keeping track of your time management and ensuring all deadlines are consistently met.
• Develop new product in an efficient way and take responsibility from sketch and mood to delivered product and packaging.
• Integrate your work with the wider team and their requirements from a logistical and planning perspective.
• Understand the brand tone of voice and style guide, applying it to all products.
• Work with our existing design team, design agency and sourcing partners to get the best from each on the creative side.
• Get involved with the wider marketing of product as it ties-in to how product is displayed in stores and at trade shows.
• Use your strong design principles, eye for detail and ability to combine commerciality and creativity in all the work you produce
• Independently manage multiple briefs and communicate progress accurately to wider team
• MUST HAVES
• An exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative design concepts, brief fulfilment and taste level.
• Ability to combine creativity and commerciality to create products that become best sellers.
• Confidence in design software and the ability to sketch and visualise ideas and briefs
• A strong understanding of (needed), experience in (desired) 3D CAD design and how it is used in mould creation
• Experience and high confidence in liaising with factories and suppliers.
• Keen interest in the environment and how products can be designed more sustainably.
• A strong eye for packaging and the general look feel and practicality of product.
• Excellent communication and organisation skills managing up and down.
• Abundance of new ideas, to push design boundaries.
• Interest and experience with dogs and how we might serve them better as a business.
• Product allowance
• Bring your dog to work
• Cycle to work scheme
• Monthly socials & events
• Time out for social & environmental initiatives
• Team Beco Adventures
• 25 days holiday
- £35k- £40k Salary (DOE)