We're ASOS. We blend our flair for fashion with our love of cutting- edge technology, but more importantly were interested in how we can bring the best out of you.
We exist to give people the confidence to be whoever they want to be, and that goes for our people too. At ASOS, you're free to be your true self without judgment, and channel your creativity into a platform used by millions.
This is an exciting opportunity to work across a mix of brands with individual voices to amplify.
We are looking for strategic thinkers, creators, makers and those who can help us create content that can connect with millions around the world. People who know the social platforms but know how to push them beyond. People who can concept and work up shoot and social ideas at speed. People with the skills and mindset to unlock the potential creativity for ASOS.
Based in our London office and reporting to the Creative Director, the Senior Video Creative role sits within the ASOS Marketing Team.
As a Senior Video Creative, you will manage the Creative Video team, you will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be tasked with delivering smart, agile and versatile 360? creative concepts that play a meaningful role in culture and speak to 20 somethings globally.
The role needs a talented and diligent individual to collect and translate briefs, lead brainstorms and work closely with direct and extended creative teams to work up innovative and compelling creative video concepts that are relevant for the consumer, the advertiser and on strategy for the group of brands we cover. You will lead on shoots, have a strong working knowledge of creating content that is optimised for organic and paid social and have a keen understanding of what makes a more fashion aware audience tick.
You will have a positive can-do attitude, with 6+ years proven experience and have a keen interest in youth culture, digital innovation, design, fashion and style. The role requires an ability to balance a number of projects at any one time and manage a small creative team, so someone with an agile mind who can switch focus with ease is ideal.
As a key member of the team, you will need to build strong relationships with creative across ASOS internal departments, love problem solving and thrive in fast-paced environments.
- Developing creative and innovative campaign concepts that connect with our 20 something audience with the brand and ASOS
- Mentoring and managing a small creative team
- Directing Video shoots and editing
- Collecting and translating briefs
- Leading the Creative Video Direction on your projects and offering constructive feedback and direction for whole team.
- Leading and participating in creative brainstorms
- Be able to provide constructive criticism of ideas to junior members, edit and explore different routes
- Understanding and shepherding the creative vision of department as directed by Content Lead / Brand Creative Director
- Being a source of inspiration by bringing new ideas and concepts to work
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with all other departments
- Bringing your strong working knowledge of relevant talent / photographers / illustrators/creatives to the table.
- Supporting Senior Management Team with wider business planning, resourcing, workflow management, deadlines, priorities, client meetings and other integral administrative tasks.
We'd love to meet someone with:
- A brilliant eye for detail and ahead of the curve on fashion trends.
- Competence with a range of camera equipment
- A strong presence and able to maintain authority on set when working with models and crew
- Significant commercial experience within a similar brand or agency.
- Strong management, mentoring and personal development skills as this role involves managing mid-weight and junior Creatives
- Strong experience in creative and art direction and video.
- An appetite to create work that occupies culture not ad space.
- A knowledge of the social landscape- what's trending, but also how to subvert and even hack the platform formats, tropes & capabilities.
- A voracious appetite for talent, lifestyle trends and 20-something culture.
- The ability to confidently develop and articulate your ideas and present them clearly.
- A big thinking mentality that can encourage great work in team with different levels of experience
- Positivity in spades. We need a true team player, with an enthusiasm and passion for people, fashion, sneakers, beauty and grooming.
- Someone with excellent interpersonal skills, who is organised and can happily juggle numerous tasks while motivating those in the wider team.
What's in it for you
We want our people to be whoever they want to be. That’s why we’re committed to creating a truly inclusive culture at ASOS, but how’re we doing it?
Through our Fashion with Integrity strategy we are driving diversity, equity and inclusion across every aspect of ASOS and ensuring every ASOSer can be their authentic self at work. We want our people to be whoever they want to be, because we believe people who bring their best selves to work, do their best work.
We’re proud members of Inclusive Companies, are Disability Confident Committed and have signed the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter. We’ve also recently been placed 8th in the Inclusive Top 50 Companies Employer List too.
There are safe space employee networks and we host a monthly DEI events series to help support and celebrate all of our people. We are constantly listening to our people, evolving, changing and taking a flexible approach to how we make ASOS truly inclusive.