UnitedUs is a Brighton-based brand agency that works with clients to unite their people, find their purpose, and realise their potential. Approaching ten years in the game, our work has won international awards for design, strategy, communications and effectiveness, and we’re proud to be Great Place to Work-Certified™.
All of our projects are informed by solid strategies - whether that’s identifying the gap in the market where a brand can flourish, grounding a campaign in the needs and desires of the audience it's trying to reach, or understanding the business levers that would help our clients to achieve their potential. Our strategists are integrated with account management, planning and experience design to ensure that we not only understand our clients, but can foster a candid relationship - asking them deep questions and challenging each other's perceptions.
Over the past year, we’ve devised a brand strategy and market positioning for a multinational and multilingual employer of over 3,000 people, provided a clear market positioning for Aon when it comes to ESG, and helped Annie Lennox reimagine the identity and ambitions of her global feminist charity, and more.
We are seeking people who have a thirst for exploration, who are curious, perceptive and empathic, and who know when a change of approach is needed. We want people who thrive on building trusted partnerships, working with clients to devise and advise on brand strategies that will ultimately work hand-in-glove with their business operations. If this sounds like you, or what you strive to be, we want to hear from you.
As a Senior Strategist, you will work closely with the wider strategy team to identify, define, and unite our clients and their teams around compelling, effective, brand and campaign strategies. You will be expected to design and deliver research into brand perception, equity, culture and capabilities, and use that research to inform well reasoned brand strategies that unites the client’s people, purpose, and potential.
Everyone at UnitedUs plays a key role in the agency, and we want someone to claim their place in our team. By investing in our people we are able to help each person craft the role they want at UnitedUs, and equip them with the tools and skills they need to get there.
Some of the great reasons to work at UnitedUs include:
- Up to two additional weeks off at Christmas
- Summer Time (Fridays off in August)
- Work in a Great Place to Work-Certified™ agency
- Flexible working between the studio and your home
- Be part of our agency rituals - Bacon & Waffle, Foodie Fridays, Book Club, house parties, and away days
- Complimentary use of the UnitedUs Palm Penthouse for one weekend a year
- Personal development budget
- Work with the strategy team to define the best route to achieve our clients potential.
- Devise and execute research plans that best suit the project, including interviews, workshops, surveys, on-site observational and desk research.
- Write comprehensive strategies that get to the heart of the challenges at hand and recommend pragmatic solutions to achieve the desired outcome.
- Nurture and build client relationships to become a trusted advisor, identifying new opportunities for future growth.
- Work with the UnitedUs team to ensure the strategic vision is delivered across brand, creative, and digital.
- Work with clients across a range of projects delivered post rebrand to execute and evolve the brand strategy.
Required skills and experience
- 5 years experience working as a brand strategist, service designer, business consultant or similar role.
- Ability to quickly identify avenues for research and exploration.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering thorough and well thought-through brand strategies.
- A deep understanding of how business objectives and brand strategy are intrinsically linked.
- Excellent client relationship management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A diverse portfolio of B2B and B2C client experience
- Experience in workshop facilitation and design
- Experience designing research methodologies
- Enjoying a good debate with your team in order to get to the right solution
- You can explore our work and portfolio at unitedus.co.uk
- Find out what we’re looking for, and what it’s like to work at UnitedUs via our Wired Sussex Meet The Team session.
- We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups in the creative industry including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates
- Applicants must have the existing right to work in the United Kingdom as we are currently unable to sponsor work visas at this stage
- Whilst we offer flexible working this isn’t a remote role
- No recruiters… pretty please.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter to us, along with indications of your past work experience - we'd love to see some work examples and to understand why you think you'd be a great fit for our team - to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know your preferred name and pronouns too.