- £50,000 – £62,000
- Fixed Term
- Job Posted
- Applications Close
You’ll help the rest of the team live our brand too. You’ll bring best-in-class writing skills and advertising You’re an experienced wordsmith who lives to write powerful copy. You love cats deep in your soul. You know a lot (a lot) of words. But most of all, you want to use your literary power for good – with a start-up that changes lives. Welcome to KatKin. We’re here to change the cat food industry and make hardcore love the new standard in cat care.
What we do at KatKin
For uncompromising cat parents who want the best, KatKin goes hardcore for cat health. We make the UK’s only fresh cat food: 100% human-quality meat, gently cooked, and frozen for freshness.
Where the competition cuts corners, catfishes customers and puts profits over health, we put cat wellbeing first. No shortcuts. No secret recipes. We’re cutting the fluff, thinking fresh and channelling hardcore love into industry-wide change. So cats live long and cat parents can love hard without compromise.
Why you’ll love working with us
We’re all-in for cats, and it shows: our energy will blow you away from day one. You’ll be surrounded by knowledgeable scientists, big creative thinkers, astute business brains, and a whole team of hardcore cat parents. All on a mission to make hardcore love the new standard in cat care – with a fresh take on every product in the cat industry.
All about your role
As our Senior/Lead Copywriter, you’ll be the guardian of our brand and tone of voice. You’ll truly know what it means to be a hardcore cat parent. The deep love. The hard work. The (frequent) bites for your troubles. And you’ll bring that spirit to life across every touchpoint we have, from packaging to paid ads; organic social to out-of-home experiences.
You’ll write words that attract and educate new customers, and you’ll rally and delight our thriving current community too. In short, you’ll bring out the hardcore cat parent in everyone. You’ll be inspired by industry, always on the pulse of the D2C world and beyond, to help take your copy to new heights. And in everything you do, you’ll love and embrace the pace here, putting your passion into your work for an audience that’s booming day by day.
Experience to nurture your Junior Copywriter and support the wider creative team. You’ll run tone of voice sessions for teams across the business, and empower them to thrive. You’ll support everyone to feel confident in how we write and speak – and you’ll maintain a brand that’s embedded wherever you look.
And in doing all that, you’ll help cats everywhere to jump higher, zoomie faster, purr louder and live longer.
Key ownership areas:
Managing and nurturing your junior copywriter to take their talents to new heights
Crafting copy for a first-class customer experience across every digital and physical touchpoint, from our website, to paid and organic social, to moments of delight in our boxes
Championing our tone of voice, and supporting the whole business to feel confident in using it
Constantly bringing fresh concepts and ideas to the table that are not just word-focused, but visually led as well
Broadening and enhancing your knowledge by keeping up to date with competitors, as well as looking to other best in class DTC brands for inspiration
Who we’re looking for
- With 5+ years as a copywriter, your copy is flawless, your proofreading is eagle-eyed, and your witty confidence shines through in every word
- You thrive on variety – you can switch from big campaign concepts to teeny-weeny paid ad CTAs and back in a day
- You get cat parents on a deep level: you put yourself in their shoes with empathy and insight on what they need and want to hear
- You thrive in a buzzing environment: you work at pace, you meet your deadlines, and you’re keen to collaborate across the business to get every project spot-on
- You put your cards on the table: you’re honest, direct, and you share your expertise to help improve our work
- You’re all-in for cats: you’ve ideally got one (or five) of your own and you care about putting their health first
What we offer:
- Career-defining opportunity in being instrumental to scaling our brand, fast
- Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
- No egos and a small close-knit team
- 25 days of holiday every year plus your birthday off
- 4 week WFA (work from anywhere) policy
- 1-2 days WFH every week
- Discount on KatKin fresh meals
- Comprehensive AXA health insurance including optical and dental after probation
- Yearly personal development budget
- Company pension
- Office popcorn, soft drinks and all the tea and coffee you can drink, fresh fruit, great banter and a cat (and dog) friendly office
How to apply
Send your CV, portfolio and very brief sentences on the below questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell us about a time you hustled in order to get something done
- What are your blind spots as told by the person who knows you best?
- Tell us anything about the pet food space you find interesting
- Which DTC brand has delighted you the most and what did they do?
- Which piece of work are you most proud of and why?
- Tell us your favourite thing about your cat(s). (Bonus if plural!)