The fashion team are a part of the Creative Department. The team create bespoke content for all customer touch points including TOPSHOP and TOPMAN 360 Brand Campaigns, Social, CRM, TSTM and ASOS homepages and style feeds, apps, PR, Video as well as bespoke content for international territories.
As part of the Fashion Team (Creative Department), the Senior Fashion Editor works across Womenswear and Menswear Brand and Engagement Marketing content. Reports into Fashion Lead.
Support the fashion team to deliver a consistent fashion message and styling handwriting across the brand. Create seasonal trend + styling guidelines and present these to the fashion team and wider departments helping to make ASOS a global fashion destination for styling inspiration.
Collaborate with Onsite + Offsite content teams to ensure editorial franchises and fashion execution of all content is consistent and supports wider business plans. Champion content that is innovative and succeeds in engaging and educating our 20 something audience - inspiring and empowering them to shop.
Support the Fashion Lead in researching new opportunities and areas of interest for the business that widen our product offering and help us reach new audiences in a meaningful way. Maintain a strong working relationship with the Insight and Brand Strategy team to bring our 20 something audience and Brand Positioning to life in all we do.
- Senior Fashion Editor to work predominantly on TOPSHOP, TOPMAN but also supporting on ASOS design and AMG shoots.
- Alongside the creative team, concept and execute fashion content for online campaigns (including Out of Home, digital + social) and AMG projects. We are looking for a strong communicator that is able to champion the freshest and most credible styling message for our 20-something fashion obsessed customers.
- The ability to meet deadlines, demonstrate solid organisational skills & work collaboratively is crucial.
- A commercial yet creative eye is essential – display strong knowledge of up-and-coming creative talent by working with the fashion team (and wider creatives / production team) to find the most exciting photographers, locations, models, hair and make-up artists in line with the TOPSHOP TOPMAN and ASOS identity.
- Employ the greatest attention to detail signing off looks / editing content produced by JFE and Fashion Assistants for all channels under the ASOS umbrella. Ensure the team are fulfilling channel requirements and living up to our strategic positioning for retail categories.
- Liaise directly with the senior stakeholders and retail department on a weekly basis attending Product Development Meetings. Consistently translate the biggest stories in our shop and ensure they also reflect the wider industry and international fashion trends.
- Work with Casting team to ensure that model selection per shoot best supports our retail message and suggest new undiscovered faces and talent for all ASOS platforms.
- Provide fashion support for ad hoc content requests from press department, social etc.
- Display management skills that help craft a culture within the fashion team that is positive, professional and always ambitious for the department and the brand. Able to manage 3-4 direct reports across various career levels, as well as day-to-day supporting the wider team helping them learn + develop.
- Alongside Fashion Project Manager and Fashion Lead assign projects and campaigns to fashion team on a weekly basis. Support the team with delivery of projects and give status updates where required.
- Alongside the Fashion Editors, ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day running of the junior aspect of the fashion department. Provide day-to-day support to the Stylists and Fashion Assistants. Give constructive guidance and help them to grow their styling skills by editing their work and highlighting the ways to improve it.
- You must be a proven and talented Fashion Editor (WW and MW) with solid shoot experience within editorial platforms - fashion magazine titles, online fashion or fashion media.
- Proven experience managing a team is essential. We are looking for someone that is excited by the development of the wider team.
- Excellent contacts within the fashion industry
- A strong and robust awareness of WW and MW fashion landscape is essential
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of our 20-something fashion obsessed customer.
- Dedication and ambition for TOPSHOP, TOPMAN and ASOS brand is essential.
- An expert eye for spotting the latest, up and coming trends globally relevant to our audience.
- You must be able to prioritise and be calm under pressure.
- Exceptional organisational skills are key to this role, as is the ability to coordinate multiple projects and work to tight deadlines.
- Professional with strong communication skills, the ability to confidently communicate at all levels of the business
- Dedication and ambition for the brand is essential.
• Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
• Great development programmes
• Amazing offices and great culture
• 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday
• Subsidised gym and canteen
• Huge staff discount and regular sample sales
• Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme
• And tonnes more…
We want our people to be whoever they want to be. That’s why we’re committed to creating a truly inclusive culture at ASOS, but how’re we doing it?
Through our Fashion with Integrity strategy we are driving diversity, equity and inclusion across every aspect of ASOS and ensuring every ASOSer can be their authentic self at work. We want our people to be whoever they want to be, because we believe people who bring their best selves to work, do their best work.
We’re proud members of Inclusive Companies, are Disability Confident Committed and have signed the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter. We’ve also recently been placed 8th in the Inclusive Top 50 Companies Employer List too.
There are safe space employee networks and we host a monthly DEI events series to help support and celebrate all of our people. We are constantly listening to our people, evolving, changing and taking a flexible approach to how we make ASOS truly inclusive.