HemingwayDesign are looking for a junior graphic and media designer to work across visual identity, editorial layout and marketing / communication focussed projects.
You’ll support on graphic and visual design projects that require creative solutions to client and internally set briefs. You will be part of the design team creating visual identities for towns, cities and brands and then putting them to use across a range of media and applications – everything from small and large scale print to infographics; product to wayfinding; digital screens to billboards.
You will be responsible for creating marketing focussed artwork for HemingwayDesign events and festival portfolio including Urban Village Fete, Sample, The Drops and The Classic Car Boot Sale as well as other cross-organisational projects including First Light Festival and We Invented The Weekend.
You will be required to create presentations, ranging from powerful pitch decks that can persuasively sell strategic concepts, to specification documents at artwork stage.
You will work closely with the graphic design team and report directly to HemingwayDesign partners and will be deeply immersed at every stage of a project, liaising with all departments in the studio. Often projects will include working closely with designers, copywriters, photographers, illustrators, marketing agencies and social media teams both in house and externally.
Skills and experience required:
- We prioritise talent and personality over experience or qualifications
- Proficiency in the full Adobe Creative Suite
- Good quality typographic skills, with great attention to craft and detail
- A strong portfolio exhibiting examples of conceptual brand identities, packaging design, digital design (websites and social media) and editorial
- An eye for contemporary photography, illustration, typography, iconography, form, colour, and composition
- A genuine enthusiasm for the arts, knowledge of current design, media, social and awareness of social and cultural trends
- Highly creative and full of bright ideas with an ability to be versatile, work autonomously and manage multiple work streams and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build good relationships internally and externally
- Rigorous attention to detail, high standards and pride in your work
- Strong communication skills with fluent spoken and written English
- Developing and prototyping brand identity concepts, including logo design, typography, art direction and development of brand guidelines
- Creative layout of editorial and print design
- Digital communication assets
- Independently developing creative responses to briefs and project explorations
- Preparing presentations of creative concepts and designs for clients
- Website design and digital assets
- Thinking creatively to contribute to new ideas and concepts for all HemingwayDesign projects
Salary and benefits:
- Salary dependent on experience and skills
- Four weeks paid holiday plus all public holidays
- The business operates a four / four-and-a-half-day week during the summer months of July and August
- We have two full-time office dogs