At Bureau for Visual Affairs we plan, design and develop user-experiences across culture, fashion and lifestyle, focusing on what defines today’s institutions and brands: experience, content and relevancy. We are looking for a Junior Full-Stack Web Developer to join our team in Borough, London.
Working with the culture sector has taught us to generate engagement from content-driven user journeys. Our understanding of brands has taught us to connect brand voice with content and commerce. We develop using a best-of-breed combination of open technologies, built around modularity and continuous research.
Our clients include Damien Hirst, National Theatre, The Tate, ShowStudio, Whistles, Jo Malone, ASOS (COLLUSION) and It's Nice That.
Apart from our highly visible output, we pride ourselves on a good work / life balance (working hours 10am–6pm).
This role includes:
- Developing skills as part of a supportive, closely knit team
- Direct involvement in all aspects of our projects from technology strategy to delivery
- Using modern web technologies and practices on a daily basis
- Working closely with our talented designers and sector-leading clients
- Helping to develop our internal processes and tools
We are looking for:
- 1–3 years experience, ideally within a design agency or creative startup / product team
- Aptitude for designing systems and problem solving
- Experience translating designs into code with a high degree of fidelity
- Experience with git
- Comfortable using command line tools
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Appreciation of design
We would like to see:
- Knowledge of Node.js and Python
- Familiarity with React.js
- Experience with GraphQL / REST
- Experience with E-commerce