Junior Content Creative
ABOUT AVANT ARTE
Avant Arte wants to make art radically more accessible for a new generation. We began as a cult blog of contemporary artists and grew organically into the world’s largest and most engaged online art community, with more than 2 million of our followers under the age of 35. We collaborate with iconic contemporary artists like Jenny Holzer, Cai Guo-Qiang, Claire Tabouret and Hank Willis Thomas, making their work more accessible to younger collectors through sculpture editions, print editions and unique works on paper of exceptional quality.
We have built a highly engaged community of next-generation art collectors, which means our artist launches are heavily oversubscribed, with many behaving more like fashion drops, selling out in seconds.
Backed by early investors in companies like Skype, Farfetch, Glossier and Shopify (including Bessemer Venture Partners and Local Globe) as well as being featured on Otta’s 2022 Rocket List, we’re a team of just over 80 building one of the fastest growing tech companies in culture.
Our vision is to inspire a generation of millions of young people who love art like they love music and who collect works like they build their wardrobe.
We’re a small team with really big ambitions, both for what we want to achieve and also the environment we’re building. We want to create a company that remains thoughtful as we scale and tries to be genuinely progressive in how we operate. We want people to really own what they do and be given the autonomy and freedom to make mistakes, learn, and create something meaningful.
We all work incredibly hard because we really care about what Avant Arte is here to do – we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, hungry to learn, and want to put their pride in our collective achievements.
We know that creating an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity is critical if we want to build something with impact and meaning. We believe that having diversity in age, background, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective will make us an infinitely better company. In 2022, we were shortlisted for Women in Tech’s Best Employer - Small Company and Best Benefits.
WHAT WE NEED
We're looking for a highly motivated Junior Creative to join our content team on a freelancer basis and lead on campaigns with a focus on artists working in the street art and hype space. Reporting into the Head of Content, you will work closely with other writers, designers, editors and creative producers.
The core of your role will involve:
- Campaign creation
- Content and campaign strategic ideation (with a focus on street art and hype culture)
- Creating content (both visual and written) for a variety of marketing channels - such as instagram and our website
- Working with photographers, videographers and other creatives to create exciting content to promote launches, delivered on-time and in budget
- Briefing, producing and co-ordinating asset delivery for a variety of content shoots
- Campaign execution
- Drafting/designing/curating stories and posts for social media
- Designing and building website pages and email campaigns (front end only)
- Assisting with reporting and tracking across content and comms activity, including report building
- Supporting with a variety of larger projects, such as exhibitions, brand collaborations and public artworks
- Compiling reports and presentations, communicating information clearly and elegantly
The main skills and experience we’re looking for are:
- Good with creative software (adobe, figma)
- Social media savvy
- Passionate about art, design and visual culture
- Versed (via education, experience or both) in hype culture, street art or adjacent disciplines
- Hard-working, organised and proactive
- A talented writer, able to understand and adopt the Avant Arte tone of voice
- Adept communicator, able to manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- Able to work to tight deadlines
We think you'll probably have experience:
- An exciting portfolio of creative content ideas and executions
- Experience in a relevant role
- A keen eye for design and a way with words
*Please note this role is for a 3-6 months freelance contract for 5 days per week.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Avant Arte is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic team so we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
How to apply
Please apply via our careers site (link provided below)
There is no set deadline but the post will close once we have some candidates moving to the 2nd/3rd stage of the process.