Who we’re looking for
We urgently require a Senior Digital & Graphic Designer to join our team at our Bath Head Office in Walcot Street. Currently we operate two days in the office and three days remote working.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and talented all-rounder, ideally with previous experience working in an Ecommerce environment. You need to bring exceptional levels of creativity and proven technical ability and be able to quickly grasp and reflect our brand style. We really cherish the wit in the details. Our business has a warm-hearted and artistic core, and so do we; so we want someone who can show that they are similarly inclined!
In return for your hard work, we can offer you a range of great benefits and a (genuinely) kind, supportive team of people to work with. We want to help you thrive here.
Who we are
Established in 1974, Graham & Green is a proudly independent, family-run homeware emporium, owned by Jamie and Lou Graham. Jamie and Lou design and source the very best furniture, eclectic homeware and unique gifts that excite and inspire. Their mission is to share these items with their customers, so that they can experience the same sense of discovery and delight.
At G&G, we believe in creating colourful, vibrant homes and surrounding ourselves with things that bring us joy - whether that’s products, loved ones or furry friends. We want every customer to feel part of our family and to create a unique home that they love - one that is filled with their best treasures and memories. Discover our curious little world by visiting one of our five stores, heading over to our website or exploring our seasonal catalogues.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role
• Working from and translating creative briefs to tight deadlines; seeking out and implementing feedback for your work like a pro
• Designing two weekly email campaigns
• Partaking in designing 4 seasonal print catalogues each year
• Designing packaging
• Designing ads for magazines
• Designing sale campaigns
• Aiding photoshoots when required
• Working with the Marketing Manager, Lead Designer and Creative Director on developing and improving the company brand look and feel
• Interest in retail as a whole and how brands promote themselves
• A good understanding of our brand in interview
• Full of creative ideas and enthusiasm for them
• A very keen interest in typography and vintage graphics
• Honed communication skills so that you’re comfortable explaining your work and have exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
• An adaptable outlook - G&G is not a corporate/agency environment
• Ability to handle changes with a relaxed attitude
• Big on animals - we have 2 office pets and we're all animal mad, as are our customers!
• 8 years' experience with Adobe CC (especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
• 8 years' commercial design experience. You do not need a degree but we need to see eight years’ worth of paid work
• 6 years’ minimum experience of designing for the web
• Proven experience in designing marketing emails
• A portfolio you can talk through with relevant pieces that show originality, UX knowledge and skills with print and digital (ads, emails, websites)
• Print design experience
• Experience with responsive web design
• You can turn your hand to skilled drawing or illustrating
• Some prototyping experience (we use Adobe XD)
• An understanding of CSS is desirable
• Experience with After Effects
• Light retouching skills
• Experience in designing catalogues
• Illustrative talent
What we can offer you
• Generous holiday allowance and birthday day off
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Private Medical Scheme
• Bike2Work Scheme
• Generous company discount
• A small, friendly, close-knit team
• Dog walks and dogs in office
• Breakfast on Friday scheme
• Goa Villa – reduced rates in our beautiful holiday property
• Company socials
How to apply
If interested, please send your portfolio and CV, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.