Here Design is looking to recruit an Artworker to join their multi-disciplinary team in East London.
A deliberately non-specialist studio, Here Design work on a diverse range of projects across a wide range of disciplines. The right candidate will positively embrace this approach, have an excellent understanding of print processes and a keen eye for detail.
The Artworker will work within a collaborative environment amongst a friendly team of creatives.
Reporting to the Production Director they will produce print ready artwork across a range of areas including branding, packaging, print and publishing.
This role however is more than just a run of the mill artworker role, we are not looking for someone to robotically churn out artworks. We are looking for someone that is happy to communicate to designers if they think there are better ways to achieve the design intent. Who has an interest in print and manufacturing processes, finishes and materials that can feed into designers as the project moves through the studio prior to hitting the production team. With environmental impacts top of everyone’s agenda the ideal candidate will be hot on the topic and understand the impact materials and processes can make to the success of a design and its end eco credentials. We want someone that is hands on, maybe with some crafting interest, who can help when needed with in-house mock up requests. As the company continues to grow there maybe additional crossover with a digital team and helping create digital files so an interest or experience in this would also be welcome.
• Working closely with the Production Director & Senior Artworker to produce whatever the studio requires, be it print artworks, digital artworks, brand asset sets or mockups.
• Collaborating with Designers to help them realise their design intent.
• Assisting Designers in specifying inks and finishes to use for different applications.
• Creating low-res files for internal / external signoff and helping to manage the internal sign off process.
• Creation of hi-res print ready artwork files.
• Managing the in-house artwork version control and filing process.
• Working with mock-up agencies to assist in the creation of prototypes/mock-ups.
• Attending press passes, alone or with clients, to give the final artwork sign off.
• Liaising with Project Managers to define briefs.
• Taking ownership over client work you are appointed Brand Guardian for, always considering their ways of working.
• Creating and exporting assets for client use.
Essential Skills / Experience:
• Experience of producing print ready artwork across a range of areas including branding, packaging, print and publishing.
• Mac proficient with excellent Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop skills.
• Understanding of all major print process.
• High attention to detail.
• Able to prioritise workload independently & also within the Production team as a whole.
• Able to speak technically & professionally with printers & clients about our artwork.
• Strong communication skills, internally and externally.
• Able to handle a fast paced & ever-changing studio environment.
• Proofreading experience.
• Knowledgeable on the capabilities & subsequent limitations of print and other production processes.
• File creation for social media posts.
• File creation for web / digital applications.
• Prior use of Adobe XD, Figma, Miro, Cinema 4D, Rhino, Egnyte, Monotype Mosaic.
• Practical mockup skills (cutting, painting, printing and applying rubdowns).
• Environmental knowledge.
• Strong retouching / colour correction skills.
Core hours 9:30 - 18:00 (Trialling new pattern: Monday – Thursday, 09:30 – 13:30 Friday)
Bi-weekly Friday Lunches
Studio closed between Christmas and New Year’s
£100 gift on your birthday
Summer, Thanksgiving and Christmas parties
Free weekly Yoga
Extensive programme of cultural events incl. exhibition visits and weekly radio show
Vitality healthcare membership – incl. incentives free cinema tickets and 50% off a pair of sports shoes
Cycle to work scheme and in studio storage
Individual training budget
20 days holiday
25 days holiday after 5 years' service
Tailored professional development plan
This is not an opportunity to become a designer at Here Design. There are aspects of creativity with some projects and the production teams opinions are always welcome but the role is not a creative focused role, nor will it ever lead to a designer role.
How to apply
Send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com with the reference Artworker in your email subject.