We’re Charlie and we’re on a mission to Make Work Better by equipping small businesses to deliberately craft their culture every day.
We design our products to have all the warmth of a human, to make the hard stuff simple and to leave nobody behind.
We’re looking for a marketing designer to join our growing content and marketing team – and help us tell the most exciting stories from the new world of work.
Come on and join us to make work better!
In this role you will:
- Work with the visual content manager on the visual identity of our content and social media feeds.
- Work with our writers to design graphics and visuals for blog posts, e-books & infographics.
- Work with the marketing team to design marketing collateral that shows off the CharlieHR products.
- Work with our incredible product design team to ensure consistency in how our brand is communicated.
- Create media-rich pages via webflow that showcase some of our leading stories from the world of work and communicate the value of Charlie’s products.
- Play a central role in building London’s best content and product marketing team.
We’re looking for a talented creative who is:
- Comfortable working with others to take the creative process from idea generation to execution.
- Ambitious, self-motivated and holds their work to high standards.
- Strong grounding in graphic design, with a thorough attention to detail.
- Able to show a strong understanding of digital design practices.
- Able to translate abstract themes and concepts into compelling imagery/illustrations.
- Experienced using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects.
- Has worked with Webflow or is keen on learning and working with it on a regular basis.
- Experience in brand design and a willingness to help document the Charlie HR visual language
- Opinionated on what makes good marketing design – you have companies / publications whose design you admire.
- Able to understand that holding a reader’s attention can be difficult – you’re up for the challenge of captivating with your designs.
- Able to show us a portfolio with detailed examples of effective marketing design.
Let us know if you have (desirable but not required!):
- Photography production and editing experience
- Motion graphics / Video production experience
- Data visualisation experience
- Experience working with landing page software (e.g Hubspot)
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome all applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We are unable to sponsor work visas, but we hire people from anywhere in the UK as long as you're willing to travel to London (at your own cost) 8 or so times a year.
- Salary from £33,300 to £37,500 based on your level within our transparent progression framework
- A team that genuinely enjoys spending time together - we have a range of remote and in-person events
- £500 yearly learning budget
- £200 work from home budget
- Equity options
- Hybrid-first approach; we optimise for office and remote working to be valued equally, and to be equally valuable
- No fixed working hours; you take ownership over how you get your work done
- Access to Spill, all-in-one mental health support
- “Personal days” for wellbeing
- £30 monthly wellbeing budget
- Based in Second Home (in our humble view the best co-working space in London)
- Monthly “exploration days” when you can work on whatever
- Bike to work scheme