Westside London are a small and busy creative agency based in the heart of Soho. We create engaging experiences for ambitious brands and are on the look out for a talented, dedicated and pro-active mid-senior designer, with 5+ years agency experience, to join our busy, close-knit team on a full time basis.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate a portfolio of original ideas and creativity. You will be capable of tackling creative briefs and translating these into solutions which work for our client’s users and their commercial needs, with often challenging timescales. Our work is multi-disciplinary across print, brand and identity, however this role is digitally focused so strong digital design, user experience and information architecture skills are a must.
You will need to be a great communicator and have the drive and determination to ensure things are delivered on time, and to the level of quality our clients expect. You’ll be a self-motivated individual with energy and enthusiasm, capable of working under pressure in a fast paced studio environment. We are looking for someone with acute attention to detail, alongside the ambition to grow and develop within the role. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to step into a leadership role within our studio, helping to shape and develop our projects and mentor the more junior members of our team.
- Design and deliver digital-first solutions across a range of mediums, from responsive websites to campaign assets
- Work on creative print, brand and identity projects from concept through to final execution
- Lead and create beautiful, user-centric designs and deliver award winning creative communications
- A good understanding of user flows, user journeys and information architecture
- Being consistently mindful of the client and their commercial business requirements
- Support the whole team through open communication with developers, designers, copywriters & the project manager
- Challenge how things are done and always look for a unique way to bring a brand to life in a commercial environment
- Present concepts and ideas to colleagues (and in time, clients) whilst confidently communicating the design rationale and technical aspects of a project
- Work both individually and as part of a team
- Being aware and showing consideration of emerging technology and techniques, sharing examples of best practice design with the team
- Work closely with and reporting to the creative/managing director
- 5+ years agency experience in a similar role
- Fundamental understanding of design principles i.e Aesthetics, typography, layout, spacing etc.
- A clear understanding of UX principles and scoping experience
- Comprehensive skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and InVision
- A solid understanding of the fundamentals of modern front end web development, HTML and CSS
- Ability to work with new and existing brands and be confident in pushing their creative boundaries
- Maintaining an eye for craft and a keen attention for detail
- Experience and desire to question and interrogate design briefs
- Experience working (in an administrative/back end capacity) with WordPress
- Ability to create accurate, print-ready artwork
- Desire to be a key player in a small team
- Strong organisational and presentation skills
- Taking full responsibility for assigned projects and tasks and maintaining high standards throughout project duration
- Direct support: We are a friendly, close-knit family of likeminded individuals and will be with you to support you throughout your Westside journey
- Family focused ethos: Work isn’t everything, and we do our best to support you regardless of circumstances
- Career development: We welcome and support any opportunity to improve yourself and your skills.
- Christmas: We are closed between Christmas and New Year and you will only be asked to work in case of a client emergency
- You must demonstrate the right to work in the UK in order to apply for this role.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days, you should assume your application has been unsuccessful.
- Please only apply if you have good experience in similar roles.
- Salary is based on experience
How to apply
To apply, please send a link to your portfolio and CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state your salary expectations and notice period.