About the role
Nowadays is growing and we’re looking for a brilliant director to join us on our mission to make films that matter.
We’re looking for a director to come and work with us in-house, to help us develop and make films - whether that’s a charity TVC, an animation aimed at teenagers, an internal comms film for an international bank or a short documentary for a national charity.
You will be responding to briefs, coming up with ideas, writing treatments and proposals and then working alongside our producers and post-production team to guide films through production to delivery.
This is a 6 month initial contract. Additional Nowadays employee benefits (n.b. some are dependent on length of service): a lovely office in Bethnal Green, hybrid working (at least 1 day WFH per week), paid volunteering days, enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave, additional holiday days, free Headspace membership, company profit-share scheme and private medical insurance (through Vitality).
Who we're looking for
As an in-house director with us you need to be a resourceful filmmaker, focussed storyteller and confident creative writer. You will be adaptable to different mediums, different subjects and different audiences - excited to embrace new challenges with each project you work on, ambitious to make your next film better than the last.
As part of a small team, you will need to be comfortable stepping outside of your comfort zone and learning new skills, confident in your taste and unafraid to challenge your teammates to go the extra mile. We need a creative leader with tireless attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high standards - enthusiastic, considerate, resourceful and resilient at all times.
Skills & Requirements
Successful candidates will:
- be excited about producing a variety of content
- have minimum 3 years relevant professional directing experience
- be comfortable working with client feedback and constructive criticism
- be able to sell an idea on the page, with experience writing creative proposals/treatments
- be a confident leader and creative contributor
- be a comfortable and capable camera operator, with thorough knowledge of commonly used production equipment
- be extremely well organised, a proactive planner
- have an excellent working knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- have excellent written and spoken English
Nice to Haves:
- have experience creating commercially focused work
- have experience working within a production company or creative agency
- be a keen follower of the production / creative / advertising industry