MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Based in: Central London office
Start-date: April/May 2022
- Salary £ 32-35,000 per annum, based on experience
- 25 days holidays/year pro rata + bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
London Design Festival and London Design Biennale are looking for a Marketing & Social Media Manager to join the Content / Digital / Communications team to work for our two world class events in London during 2022/2023 and beyond, and other activities produced by the company.
London Design Festival: 17 – 25 September 2022
First staged in 2003, the London Design Festival is one of the world's most important annual design events. The Festival programme is made up of over 400 events and exhibitions staged by hundreds of organisations across the design spectrum and from around the world. The Festival acts as an umbrella organisation, promoting all of the activity across our communication channels. In addition to this activity spread across the city, the London Design Festival produce an extensive range of events and projects at key locations such as the Victoria & Albert Museum (the Festival’s Hub), Trafalgar Square and other important venues and locations.
London Design Biennale: 1 – 25 June 2023
Following the success of the 3rd edition in June of last year, the London Design Biennale will again occupy all the exhibition spaces at Somerset House in June 2023. The Biennale will provide a prestigious, global stage for world leading contemporary design and design-led innovation, creativity and research disciplines to present up to fifty national installations, from across six continents.
The candidate will manage the Festival and Biennale’s digital channels, including websites, social media, newsletters and online events, and support the team at large with creating multimedia assets, presentations and reports, and editing materials for print provided by our graphic design agency, Pentagram.
The role demands a candidate that has an exceptional eye for detail, is proactive and with a problem-solving mindset, and has excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
As part of the content & communications team, you will be interacting directly with the Festival and Biennale’s broad audiences, and working with internal and external stakeholders including media & PR, designers, sponsors, partners, and suppliers.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 5 years experience working in digital marketing (minimum)
- Great copywriting for social media
- Visually literate and digital-savvy with a good understanding of web technologies
- Enjoy embracing new tools (e.g. online event platforms)
- Experience with:
- Online paid media
- Google Analytics
- Adobe Creative tools (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc)
- Execute the day to day digital and content strategy, including social media and community management on all of the Festival and Biennale’s online channels (Newsletter, Website, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok)
- Manage website content updates
- Create static, animated, and multimedia content for social media, newsletters, and websites
- Coordinate and produce online events including talks, panels, and presentations (e.g. on Zoom)
- Create and format presentations, produce bespoke reports for Sponsors and Partners
- Reports to: Head of Content & Digital