We are looking for a Mid-Weight Digital Designer to join our team in Borough, London — We are looking for someone experienced in web and digital design with a strong sense of detail and typography, the ergonomics of design for screen and content-driven user-journeys.
In this role you will be part of a communicative, highly skilled design team, working on a wide variety of projects from large-scale content platforms to ecommerce. As part of the design team, you will report to the Lead Designer and Creative Director, and be directly involved with our clients.
In this role you will…
- Collaborate with the strategy, design, and development teams on comprehensive UX/UI design systems.
- Deliver end-to-end design support across project life spans - including research, concepting, prototyping, design guidelines, and QA.
- Work on a diverse range of projects, from niche digital products to large content-driven websites.
- Confidently and articulately communicate design rationale to team members and external stakeholders
- Receive and iterate on feedback with efficiency and attention to deadlines
We are looking for a motivated self-starter with a strong sense of craft, who enjoys the process of working with what we think is a highly interesting community of clients (see below), and a very knowledgeable and motivated team.
You should also bring with you a good eye for detail, strong communication skills and the following:
- 2+ years of experience in a UX/UI role
- Proficiency in digital design and prototyping software (primarily Figma)
- Understanding of digital design systems, design processes and front-end implementation
- An excellent eye for typography
- A continued awareness of industry best practices and trends
- A desire to improve your skills and learn new tools and processes
- Ability to work independently on projects as well as collaboratively in a team environment
Nice to have, but not necessary:
- Proficiency in Adobe CC
- Experience in motion design
- Familiarity with front-end languages (HTML, CSS, JS)
Bureau for Visual Affairs is a midsize team, working at the progressive end of digital; we pride ourselves on bringing together forward thinking design and cutting-edge technology for some of the most relevant and interesting resting brands and organisations. Clients include:
It’s Nice That, SHOWstudio / Nick Knight, ASOS Collusion, The Crafts Council, Damien Hirst, Waitrose, Nokia, Rocco Forte Hotels, National Theatre, Estée Lauder, Somerset House, Finisterre, Wigmore Hall, The Onassis Foundation, WePresent / WeTransfer and Strava.
Apart from our highly visible output, we pride ourselves on a good work / life balance (working hours 10am–6pm).
How to apply
Please contact us at email@example.com