We are looking for someone to plan, manage and deliver a three-month project on a part-time basis from ASAP until the end of Feb 2022.
This December, we are launching a Winter Digital Programme which will run for three months and broadcast 60 live events.
Our ambition is to:
- Build exposure for emerging female, femme, non-binary, gnc, and trans DJ's and artists
- Broaden access to our programme beyond East London & share our brand values celebrating lo-no cost good times with more people regardless of their location
- Offer free, streamed entertainment option during winter that feels like going out
- Build brand resilience and explore new forms of income generation and nightlife economy diversification which could be passed on and benefit other venues
We have been awarded Arts Council funding to deliver this programme and are recruiting for two key members to lead the project; Project Manager & Production Manager.
We have a £6k budget available for the Project Manager role and envision it would require appx 20-25 hours a week on a priority/ as-needed basis.
We are seeking a highly organised experienced Project Manager to take ownership over all aspects of delivering this exciting project and meeting our ambitions of building exposure and excitement around an emerging generation of multi-disciplinary DJs and artists.
We imagine the role being best suited to someone who is familiar with us and based close to Ridley Road who shares our enthusiasm and values and who enjoys working as part of a small team.
Ideally, applicants would be experienced in leading a project with similar scope either in-house at a company or independently, and be passionate about arts & culture.
This role would suit someone who is self-driven and happy to work independently.
- Experienced project manager
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills
- Proactive and committed
- Excellent verbal, written and inter-personal skills
- Understand the project requirements and establish necessary documentation
- First point of contact to all team members on project related questions
- Ownership of full project lifecycle including schedule, deliverables & ongoing task list
- Manage communications across the team - setting up weekly meetings and distributing info as required
- Managing open call submissions from visual artists
Booking & Artist liaison
- Confirming artists & ensuring we have all information for promotion, tech & administration
- Populate programme & manage any gaps
- Communicating with open call applicants for visual arts submissions and providing relevant info through to delivery
- Creating templates for event production
- Working closely with Production Manager to anticipate special requirements, resolve tech issues and general coordination
- Managing ticketing if required
Branding & Website
- Make sure on track/ deliver
- Working with PR & Promotions Consultant to supply any material required and forsee anything which would be useful to supply soon.
- Managing social media posting schedule for project (ready to be publish 4 weeks in advance)
- Sourcing promotional material (images, copy, handles) from Artists
- Writing copy & proofing what is scheduled to go out
- Update website with events
- Making sure social media is lined up + scheduled to post etc (IG, FB)
- Submit to listings sites; PA (press association) + RA
- Document stats for project evaluation such as footfall etc
Ridley Road Market Bar is a diverse and inclusive independent cultural venue, operating for 10 years in the centre of Dalston’s Ridley Road community. We provide a universally accessible space and contribute to cross-cultural discourse in a uniquely egalitarian way.
Our cultural programme includes Live Music, Spoken Word, Poetry, Cultural Theory Lectures, & Social Dances. We cater for older community members e.g. a 1960’s Jamaican ska, Reggae & roots night, and young people with emerging DJs playing house, techno, disco and contemporary music.
We support female, non-binary and LGBTQ musicians & DJs and reserve our most coveted performance slots for these groups. We have actively supported several big-name musicians and DJs through this policy, including DJ Haai, GreenTea Peng, and GCDJ who all held residencies with us for several years while they developed their artistic practice.