Are you a designer with a drive to make a positive impact on our planet and its people?
You’re a strategically focused designer with a strong moral compass and good knowledge of both brand and digital. You strive to use your skills to help generate impact that will have a long lasting, positive effect on our planet and its people. You can demonstrate empathy and take a human centred approach to solving complex challenges with thoughtful, engaging and beautifully crafted design solutions, to deliver work with substance.
If that’s you, you should come and say hi.
We’re a small team of smart, caring, ethical folks who are keen to use our skills to leave a positive mark on the world and we are looking for a Senior Designer to join our studio on Bournemouth’s sunshine coast.
Day-to-day you will be working on a range of projects across the for good sector. You will cover branding, with a strategic focus on positioning, messaging, naming, verbal and visual identity. Your involvement in activation work will cover everything from campaign ideas to the creation of print and social media assets. On the digital side, you’ll work with clients to frame challenges and solve them using sound knowledge of digital UX and engaging UI design.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead design projects across brand, digital and activation from start to finish.
- Solving complex challenges with thoughtful, engaging and beautifully crafted design solutions.
- Assisting clients to write appropriate briefs for their challenges and identify opportunities to exceed expectations.
- Conceptualise and realise creative ideas for some clients, while working closely to existing brand guidelines for others.
- Provide constructive feedback into live projects, helping steer the creative with junior members of the team.
- Present your process and ideas internally to the team and directly to clients.
- Reporting in to the Creative Director with regular updates on projects, tracking progress and budgets.
- Provide management, mentorship and helping develop junior members of the team.
- Support Creative Director to drive projects to a conclusion.
What we are looking for:
- Ethically focused – we specialise in the for good sector and the work we do adds real value in this area. It’s both challenging and rewarding. A desire to do better and make a positive change is essential.
- A positive outlook and a bucket-load of enthusiasm – we are tackling serious challenges that have the potential to improve the lives of many. These are often politically, culturally or environmentally challenging. The right candidate will have a positive outlook, confidence and enthusiasm dealing with these complex challenges.
- A solid all rounder – a brilliant thinker with a selection of artworking skills to match. We are strategically-led and that is where your focus should be. Strong and diverse artworking skills are a huge bonus.
- Experience within a design environment – a degree is not essential, but you will need an appropriate level of agency experience and have good knowledge of standard studio processes.
- Job ownership – experience of taking strategic, branding and digital (web/app) projects from brief through to completion are a must.
- People management skills – you are enthusiastic and confident meeting new and existing clients, managing and over-delivering on their expectations. You are not afraid to challenge, but can do so in a sensitive and positive manner.
- Presentation skills – we work closely and collaboratively with our clients, but you’ll need the right skills to showcase our creativity. Confidence balanced with humility.
- A solid portfolio – you’ll need to demonstrate an excellent level of strategy, idea generation and artworking.
- Software literate – you have significant experience with the industry standard software – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Xd, Figma. Additional skillsets are a bonus.
What we offer:
- 5 weeks (25 days) holiday per year, plus bank holidays and your birthday off.
- Flexible working hours.
- Paid volunteer day each year.
- Annual sponsorship budget towards an event or initiative you are personally involved in.
- Salary: £35-40k
On site. Bournemouth, UK.
As part of our values, we are committed to supporting inclusion and diversity. We actively celebrate colleagues’ different abilities, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith, and gender. Everyone is welcome and supported in their development at all stages in their journey with us.
No agencies please.